1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kinect Sesame Street TV coming soon

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Oscarfan, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It looks like they've filmed a couple special exclusive scenes for this upcoming game thing of there's. The Guy and Prairie sketch is probably all the incentive someone needs to get this... I think that Cookie and Grover coconut toss game is exclusive too. They use the actual Puppets for this one instead of CGI... very interesting. Sort of like those Viewmaster games.

Anyone notice the Japanese Sesame Street characters in the logo? I wonder why that is...
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here's the trailer for Kinect Sesame Street TV.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. FrackleFan2012

Here's a review of two-way TV, along with previews of Kinect Sesame Street TV.
  5. FrackleFan2012

Here's two interactive examples on Kinect Sesame Street TV, one with The Count telling the viewer to hold still while he counts to eight and one with Cookie Monster telling the viewer to jump to let the leaves fall.
  6. Oscarfan

Take a look at some screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

God, I wish I had a Kinect. This game is lookin' awesome!
  7. FrackleFan2012

These pictures are nice! I love it! :)
  8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

This looks like a great idea and all, I just hope this doesn't become the future of Sesame Street...:concern:
  9. Oscarfan

I hope not, but I do hope it proves to be a financial success an brings in the cash like Tickle Me Elmo did. Then, a lot more effort can be put into season 44.
  10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

this game looks quite good i mean a game with guy smiley will be awsome in my books i might get it
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's a tricky question to ask, because... well... let's face it. We're completely unclear on what the future of television, media in general actually, really is. I don't see Sesame Street's TV run ending due to a new generation video game based technology such as this. I think it supplements it rather nicely, making better use of rerun material than PBS could, but not taking too much away from the TV show. As we have more and more forced, completely fake interactivity in kids shows (basically having a character ask a question, only for the fake audience to answer it, implying the home viewer has anything to do with it), it IS refreshing to see something that actually is interactive.

That's not to say it will be X-box exclusive, or even on the way in the next few years. There always tends to be some dramatic media shift when something new happens. Sometimes things go obsolete (but usually just hardware and home entertainment products), but some things do tend to stay around, albeit slightly altered.

I can see Sesame Street being an entirely different thing all together, and I can also seeing it same as it ever was. Whatever it is, it's not going to happen for quite some time.
  12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

im most likely gonna buy this
  13. Oscarfan

If you can ignore the young man trying to be funny with his voice-over, this video has footage of some new stuff with Ernie and Bert:

I don't know about you, but that's classic E&B material right there.
  14. Oscarfan

Oh hey, eight new episodes were released this week. Biggest surprise:

[​IMG]

GROVER. KNOVER.
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

How does this work exactly?

They release new interactive episodes every week? (There's Sesame episodes that we're not seeing?)
  16. Oscarfan

It's motion sensor technology; so when you make a "throw" motion, an object will be thrown toward the characters as needed.

And these aren't an every week thing; a disc of eight episodes was released in late 2012 and this new set of eight is on the Xbox Marketplace. They're not really new episodes; they're re-used street stories (with a library piece or two) with some new material tailored to the motion sensor technology.
  17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was just looking at the Muppet Wiki "Kermit on Sesame Street" page and saw that you can achieve points or something if you watch a Kermit clip from the video library. I had no idea that Kermit was in this. But when looking at the Muppet Wiki page for this I saw it mention "Elmo's World: Frogs" being included, so I guess that's what the Kermit footage is. Or is there additional Kermit content on this release (I'd be surprised if it has any classic content at all)?
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was looking at the forum part of Muppet Wiki and saw that the game includes an app where you can watch a large variety of clips, including many classic clips. I read that the app even arranges them by season (as well as "classic clips", "celebrities", and so on). And I read that it even includes old clips not at sesamestreet.org.

It'd be interesting to see a list of what clips are included, especially when arranged by season. I wonder if it has clips with any really rare characters like Leslie Mostly, Deena and Pearl, Shivers the Penguin, Aristotle, The Mudman, and others.