Kimmel Editorial: A Note from Steve Whitmire

NikZane

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Great write-up, Nik, and it's so cool that you got a personal response like that! :smile:
Erin
D'oh, I missed this post!

Thank you Erin :smile: Actually, a great deal of the credit goes to Phillip for cleaning up my less than perfect grammar! lol

I was indeed overjoyed with Steve's note, to receive his personal thanks is more than I could've ever hoped.

Also Steve's acknowledgement of Muppet Central, particulary the last line in the email "We love this site and we love our fans!", is fantastic.

The fact it was written from the Sesame Street Fix-It Shop is just great! I love the thought of that. :smile:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
jediX said:
Another funny thing...the only Muppeteer I've ever heard the normal voice of is Jim. lol... anyone know of a time when Frank Oz talked normally?
I know we heard (and saw) Jerry Nelson, Steve and Dave Goelz on that one "behind the scenes" episode of the Jim Henson Hour. I can't remember if Frank Oz was in the shot or not. It was near the end of the episode, when the camera pulled back and showed the muppet performers at work.

jediX

Reaction score
Yea... "Secrets of the Muppets".

Chilly Down

Reaction score
ScrapsFlippy said:
I know we heard (and saw) Jerry Nelson, Steve and Dave Goelz on that one "behind the scenes" episode of the Jim Henson Hour. I can't remember if Frank Oz was in the shot or not. It was near the end of the episode, when the camera pulled back and showed the muppet performers at work.
Nope, sorry. Frank wasn't in that shot. Frank only occasionally performed for JHH, usually in clips that were taped elsewhere, with only Piggy or Fozzie interacting with celebrities in other locales. Frank wasn't part of the regular "MuppetTelevision" ensemble.

But it was a good try. :zany:

jediX

Reaction score
Yea...I think the only times Fozzie and Piggy were on JHH were Miss Piggy's Hollywood, Fozzie w/ Willard Scott, and Fozzie in the scary headless man story. He may have reprised the role of Swedish Chef's hands in the "Food" episode, but that is very doubtful.

Oh yea, and "Sex & Violence" ends with the puppeteers running around w/ their characters, too.

jediX

Reaction score
Well I pulled out my copy of "Secrets of the Muppets" and in fact all the performers talk at the end. Whoops :wink:

Who knew...Leon had a tail.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
jediX said:
Well I pulled out my copy of "Secrets of the Muppets" and in fact all the performers talk at the end. Whoops :wink:
Yeah, but Frank isn't one of them. So you were still right the first time (or was that the second time?). :smirk:

jediX

Reaction score
Well I heard Frank in Bowfinger so it doesn't really matter about hearing him now. Ps he did a great job w/ commentary; most dvd's have very boring commenting (Spaceballs, for example. Blah. Awesome movie; terrible commentary).

Yea, by all performers I mean all of the ones in the scene (Jim, Fran, Steve, Kevin, and Dave).

mkelley

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
this has got to be the greatest fan site by a long shot! To actually know that what you're typing is being seen is pretty darn cool!
Um, unlikely, if you are inferring that being seen is being seen by someone famous.

Steve was most probably pointed to that review page by someone else (a FOAF) and even that person probably doesn't read all or even any of these threads.

Face it, guys and gals, these people are busy. It's not that they don't care, but for them to read even flattering forums like these just isn't in their nature. The mere fact that Steve wrote on a "borrowed" computer and acted as if he didn't have email (I'm sure he does, but I'm equally sure it's a very private addy that received very little that hasn't been well screened) confirms he was not visiting personally.

That doesn't rule out the occasional Henson lurker, but it's just not likely it's anyone far up in the pantheon -- figure on some gofer or trainee. Although you never do quite know who will be on any forum: Spielberg himself has admitted he spends time on a lot of the Flight Sim forums (but uses an alias, as he got tired of the "You're not THAT Steven Spielberg, are you?"). But this merely proves the rule, as he pointedly does NOT visit any movie or other such forums where his work might be discussed.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Hey now the muppeteers know that we are just crazy as they are!!Also that we are 100 percent behind them all the way! ooooo I wonder what other muppet performers watch us as well?hmm... :smile: