Kermits Swamp Years Official DVD Specs, Special Features & Extras

beaker

Reaction score
I vote muppet special too. Do you remember, around the fr vhs licence with disney in 93, they came out with several muppet 'specials'? one had the mtm bears and bean bunny doing hip hop. I mean I know they put in way more effort with ksy, but still it has that feel to it than an actual movie movie. im still waiting on word of a bear in the big blue house feature tho!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Hey, I'm rural and I emailed and called Disney begging for widescreen. We aren't all country bumbkins....

and I vote special. Theatrical release makes a movie. If you want, it can be a sub category of Muppet specials 'direct to video.'

Luke

Reaction score
No Industry wise - 'Swamp Years' is classed as a movie in both the UK and USA. 'A Very Muppet Christmas' is classed as a Movie in the UK, and TV Movie in the USA. In the UK we don't differentiate between Movies & TV Movies as far as classification goes whether they are released in the theater or not. The USA does, basically because it has a lot more TV Movies being made.

It having a rating makes no difference, anything released whatsoever obviously has a classification and a rating whether it's a TV special, Movie, Wrestling etc etc.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...but it still has that "made for video" header before "movie" for us Americans. That makes it more of a special for us, but it really is a made for video movie. No words should really be taken out of that for an accurate definintion because it isn't really considered a movie by us yanks and we made the darn thing. LOL! Just an observation and opinion from the ol' frogboy - nothing else. Made for video things over here are really considered as lesser projects and film purists would scoff at it being called a movie.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
KSY was coverted to widescreed going directly to video
Do you know for a fact that it wasn't filmed in a wide aspect ratio? It's not very conceivable that they'd crop down a 1.33:1 just to fit anamorphic TVs. It's more likely that the "full screen" version is the pan&scan. I suppose we'll know when the disc comes out for sure as it will be clear to see which version crops off more. Unless it was shot in Super 35, but that's highly unlikely for this project.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oops! Not what I meant at all.

My original post stated that there would be a widescreen option - not that they would crop the picture to fit a widescreen format. I can see how you would get that sort mixed-message from my second post, but that is certainly not what I meant at all. The conversion I was referring to was about the recording of the image onto a disc - not altering it in the process. If the widescreen reports are correct then it was very likely shot in a widescreen format. I can certainly understand your confusion and will make certain to be clearer in the future.:wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is also the first Muppet project filmed *entirely* in high-definition.

doctort13

Reaction score
I can't wait!

Although I prefer widescreen, I'll take this new Muppets DVD anyway it's served.

I am crazy for Muppets! The bonus extras sound really cool too.:smile: