Kermit's poor bicycle skills

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that whenever Kermit rides a bicycle, he has some kind of bad luck?

In The Muppet Valentine Show, he ran his bike into something (I can't remember what), causing him to fall off.

In Emmit Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, he fell off his bike.

In The Muppet Movie, he had to hop off his bike at the last minute, right before it was run over by a steamroller.

In The Great Muppet Caper, he was better at riding his bike, but as he did some tricks he ended up getting caught in a tree.

I know that Kermit rode a bike in Muppets On Wheels, but I haven't actualkly seen that project, so I don't know if he was more successful or not.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Maybe that's why in KSY he rides a scooter! Well, he's no Dave Mira, I'll admit that, but stand on the seat while th'bikes movin'? I say that's a pretty decent rider! Kermit just is... easily distracted methinks.

Whatever

Reaction score
Yeah, considering what Faz Fazakas and Brian Henson went through to get Kermit on a bike at all I wouldn't comment on the minor details. Like the number of times he has accidents.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Yeah, considering what Faz Fazakas and Brian Henson went through to get Kermit on a bike at all I wouldn't comment on the minor details. Like the number of times he has accidents.
Well, I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but those accidents were planned. They were scripted. It's not like they went through the trouble of getting him on a bike, accidently had him have an accident, and chose not to do a retake.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I guess with such a biking history as this, we should be glad it was Fozzie driving the Studebaker, or the crash with Gonzo could've been REALLY bad!

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I guess with such a biking history as this, we should be glad it was Fozzie driving the Studebaker, or the crash with Gonzo could've been REALLY bad!

Yeah, I don't think he could have driven that car anyway. He's got slippery hands.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe that's what's wrong on the bike? Slippery feet?

Erine81981

Reaction score
He's a frog. People know that Bears are more better drivers then Frogs.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
He's a frog. People know that Bears are more better drivers then Frogs.
Especially after the correspondence course.

Whatever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Well, I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but those accidents were planned. They were scripted. It's not like they went through the trouble of getting him on a bike, accidently had him have an accident, and chose not to do a retake.
Yes, I was joking.:big_grin: