Kermit, his collar and the other frogs

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Did you ever notice how Kermit is the only frog to ever have a collar around his neck?Not to mention the design of his eyes.Every other frog muppet we see,including Kermit's little nephew Robin,has a bare neck and round eyes.Kermit is unique in that way! :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
And he didn't even start out that way. Original Kermit had no collar. What is that collar anyway? Frogs don't have collars.

sixdollarman

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
Did you ever notice how Kermit is the only frog to ever have a collar around his neck?Not to mention the design of his eyes.Every other frog muppet we see,including Kermit's little nephew Robin,has a bare neck and round eyes.Kermit is unique in that way! :smile:
The one Muppet Show episode that fetured Crystal Gayle had a bunch of prairie dogs that kept stealing everything. Then as soon as Kermit started to complain, they came and stole his collar. He ducked down behind the desk because he felt naked. For the rest of the show, he hid behind the curtains or wore a feather boa to try to conceal the fact that he was naked. It looked really funny! He didn't look like Kermit anymore. The collar really shows his personality. :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, w/o that collar, he's just some random frog :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Random except for his eyes. He also doesn't wear his collar if there is clothing on him most of the time. Happy Feet is a sketch, among others, where he didn't wear the collar.

I think Happy Feet...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, he's got the different eyes too. He doesn't have his collar (I think) as Capt. Smollet in Muppet Treasure Island.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does he ware a collar, or is it part of him?

Ryan

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Does he ware a collar, or is it part of him?
He's said numerous times that it's just decoration. It's just his "fashion statement" and "What keeps him from being totally nude." (K: "Many people don't realize I'm almost fully nude. That's why they never shoot below the waist! Ha ha!") :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
"And that's why I have this funny collar!"

lol, that's from It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie when Kermit was talking to Carson Daly. I thought that was a pretty good line.