Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Sheesh. I'm scarce for two weeks and looka wha happa...

Catching up bit by bit: review for Ch. 136!

I LOVE the entire first paragraph: how show biz maxims devolve (as most things do once they've been touched by a Muppet) into furry chaos...

Scribbler playing CYA with judicious use of smarmy sarcasm was a welcome (never thought I'd say this but...) return of the Obnoxious Vermin Paparazzo. Glad he's at least sort of using his, er, talents in Piggy's defense...for now, at least.

Piggy's shock and how her friends recover from the nearly-disastrous Divorce Attorney Brunch was well-played and well-writ. Love the Banana Sketch reference!

Gonzo and whipped cream. Guess there's gonna be a happy chicken in the henhouse tonight? I'll skip the video, thanks...

And Marty to the rescue! Glad he could interpret Piggy's desperate restaurant call-cant and immediately set in motion a tizzy which would supersede any rumors. Do you happen to know if he reps authors at all...?

------------

Misskermie

Reaction score
Whew!

Kermit's understanding!
Hooray!

The last thing Piggy needed, was Kermit being upset with her.

I can't wait until they finally see eachother again!

More please!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Yay, we're getting closer to the actual awards.
Yes--yes we are!
Minor things I want to and will ask.
"Piggy
exclaimed over the prize and did enough justice to it be polite."
Er, what do you mean or tried to say with that "to it be polite" blurb?
It should have said, "Piggy exclaimed over the prize and did enough justice to it to be polite." In other words, Piggy ate enough of the specially-prepared treat to show that she appreciated it, then generously shared it with her friends.

Is it maître "d'" or "de"?
It is supposed to be d' (D apostrophe) instead of de. I don't know how that happened, but I think I hit the wrong button doing spellcheck. (Yes, sadly, I DO run spellcheck, but I usual overload grammar-check.)

When Scribbler refers to "Hollyworld", did you mean "Hollywood" or "Holly's World"?
I meant "Hollyworld." (Having used all the other words in the dictionary at least once, I'm now apparently minting my own words....

Thanks as always for posting. :smile:
Thank you for commenting. Sometimes it's lonely writing all on my lonesome....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
But don't you have a frog and a pig and a bear who keep you company? :stick_out_tongue:

If it makes you feel good, I have heard "Hollyweird".
And hey, that's how new portmontos get created.
BTW: I meant to say I like you remembered Fleet speaked fluent mock-Swedish with :hungry: or "Tom".
:hungry: Ha ha ha, ja, "Töm".

*Skulks off to reread the chapter.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
okay...137:

Grinned at the "one old war-dog" quip.

Still curious how Rory & Chad pulled off the Great Kitchen Switch. Maybe they owed a favor to a mom?

Eileen's confrontation with the slavering hordes outside the restaurant was magnificently disdainful...and the author shows a keen understanding of celebrity/journalist pecking-order scuffles. Well done and easily envisioned!

"She had played love scenes w/Kermit when she was ready to rip his arms off & beat him with them" ...LOL. Uh, it DID show...

The flurry of rumor and activity which Marty sets loose to counteract any OTHER rumors is hilarious...but I wonder what other things it might bring?

Giggled at Fleet's thoughts about those "unpleasant" Muppets who smell or chomp. Woohoo! Monster shout-out! And yes, I too laughed at the reminder of Fleet's apparently quite "insider" talk with the Chef. (What? No wince at the memory of how he was shut out by George Burns?) (Fleet Scribbles while George...yeah, that joke's making a comeback...) Interesting that Fleet will be on the west coast for the awards, meaning within spitting distance of one irascible frog. Hmmmm.

Love it that Marty fetched the frog and had him ready to reassure a wailing pig. Very very sweet scene. :flirt:

A-WARDS! A-WARDS!
----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:boo: Why are you shouting "Awards! Awards!"? Did you like it that much?
Yes, it's the winner for best fic starring everybody you can shake a stick at, but why would you shake a stick at a fic?
:sing: Sticks shaken at fics, story gets its licks.
:flirt: Means the author had to write and run.

:news: This is a Muppet News Flash! There's no news tonight, good night.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled ushgush story, waaaay already in progress.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
Er...I was yelling a prompt for the awards chapter to actually arrive, Animal-style.

:halo: Heh heh heh. CHAP-TER! CHAP-TER! Ah hah hah hah hah!

-------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Jes, we all wants the new chapter okay.
*Ponders on what Ru might be pondering.
Pink: Pon-der?
Blue: Take over world!
Stevie: Wha?! Nope nope nope.
*Thwacks Jonathan.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
totally can't wait for the awards show.....please stop torturing us and update soon!!! :smile:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
It's a good thing I come by here when I do. Not only is there a Heart of Gold update, but apparently, I'm four days late on this, too. And today's Monday, isn't it? Geez, I'm running behind on everything!

Comfort, cake, and an awards show.

Oh and I'm back to hating Scribbler.