John Lennon 1940-1980

Beakerfan

Reaction score
John Lennon was an amazing song-writer/musician. It's sad that it had to end so soon. Funny.... today I was in FYE and I saw a guy that looked just like John from the early 70s. Facial features, hair, everything. Except that this guy was like, 19. And I agree with Daniel. Yoko broke up the Beatles.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, it's an old argument, but I think the Beatles broke up the Beatles. It was going to happen sooner or later. Though, Yoko's presence didn't help he situation.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have totally broken up unless it was for Yoko. I mean, explain this to me, John get 6 bullets, and Yoko get nothing How does that happen? Anyways, Sean Lennon was on Conan last night talking about his parents and sang a song. It wasn't bad actually. The "apple" doesn't fall far from the tree. See, how I used the word apple, that was their record company lol. Sorry, anywho, I almost forgot why I posted in here now, Oh yeah. They just released the last of the FBI files on John Lennon.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, but a lot of experts agree John brought Yoko into the sessions partly because he knew it would cause trouble. I'm not saying Yoko was an innocent bystander, but the Beatles were already having problems.

They had business issues that ended badly and George wasn't going to stand by and be the "third Beatle" for the rest of his life.

That's cool about Sean, he has a nice voice.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Though, if you think about it, it's a good thing that they did break up. You wouldn't have Wings, or the Paul McCartney solo career. Nor George Harrison's solo career. Nor would you have the pop culture rise of hippy John Lennon. Lennon turned from a Beatle, to an icon for peace in the world. Ringo Starr? He just had a cool name. I'm sorry. He's kinda like Engleburk Humperdink.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, oh now, don't go there, Ringo's a great drummer and awesome entertainer. He contributed so much to the Beatles' image. Without him, the band as a collective would have been very dull. And they needed him to keep them from grounded. :smile:

And you're right, if the Beatles hadn't broken up, we wouldn't have had George's Concert for Bangladesh, the first big rock charity concert (which preceded Live Aid by several years).

Beakerfan

Reaction score
You have a point. I guess a few good things did come out of the breakup. Although, if they hadn't, do you think John would still be alive?

Teheheman

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
You have a point. I guess a few good things did come out of the breakup. Although, if they hadn't, do you think John would still be alive?
Probably, but do you think that if he didn't, we'd still be talking about him today? I mean, George Harrison died, and we don't celebrate his life like we do Lennon's.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
John was flashier, that's all there is to it. Both Beatles were great, but it's annoying that George was always so overshadowed. But I also think his death isn't considered as tragic because a lot of people die of cancer. Unfortunately, it's normal. Whereas, being shot is not.