"Jim Henson's Dead" sounds rude, but it is a great song!

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just downloaded a great song from WinMX, called "Jim Henson's Dead". Sounds, bad I know. But it is a real touching Jim tribute. Check it out! It's from someone named Stephen Lynch. Alos, Warrick and I also found the full mp3 of "That Old Black Magic" (the Louis Prima Sam and Friends version) on there. So, get searchin! :big_grin:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I just heard it too. To me it doesn't sound like an expression of disrespect for Jim and his creations. You're right, Scoot, it is great.

Lynch is probably a bigger Muppet fan than his colleagues. We need more original songwriters like him nowadays.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Jim Henson is dead. What's disrespectful about that? Lynch's intentions are quite the contrary if you were to listen to the song.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
maybe a name with a little less in your face would be better, but i heard part of this song before, very good! maybe i can find it on KaZaA...

Sarah

Foreignman

Reaction score
I'm a Steven Lynch fan for the most part, I have two of his CD's and alot of his stuff on my computer. I think he can be hilarious, and although his tunes mostly sound the same he does have a very pretty voice. "Jim Henson's Dead" appears on his CD "A Little Bit Special", it's one of the last tracks and I truely believe it is meant as a tribute to Jim, it is sweet and it is clever, obviously made by someone who knows the Muppets well. The weird thing is its neighbors on the CD and in Steven Lynch's library of songs, some of them include a blasphemous song justifying catholic priests acts of pedophilia, a tale of a man sticking a gerbil up... well you can guess, and a song poking loads of fun at the Special Olympics. It just scares me a little that when I listen to "Jim Henson's Dead", based on some of the insanely insipid tracks, I might be listening to Steven Lynch's sick idea of a joke.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Read his profile, sara_yzma. Tisk Tisk. Luke, I am so ashamed of you I could puke. (hey, that rhymes!) :big_grin: LOL J/K

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*blushes red as can be*

hmmm well the only thing more blunt than that is to put it in you sig.....but that's ok!

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i don't know what more embarrassing, admitting i'm a Britney fan (not of her music so much now) or the bit about admiring amazon women from the planet Nebula.

Anyone wanna join my self help support group ? :rolleyes:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
(not of her music so much now)

are you saying you DID like her music.....weird....that's even worse!

Sarah