Jim Henson Hour Character Index

jediX

Reaction score
Who would be interested in seeing a JHH character index? I'm currently compiling a guide of the series and would love to do a character listing (similar to what Kermitage has for TMS) to go with it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sidebottom said:
I'd love to see that!

-Sidebottom
JediX, just what are you asking us for? Are you trying to find someone who'd be able to host a JHH Character Index page/website? Or are you trying to find out if we'd be interested in seeing a JHH Series Guide & Character Index posted here on the forums? Personally, I'd be interested in reading through such a project. After all, it would only help or bolster my overall Muppet Listings by providing any character from JHH I've missed, along with textual descripts to know who's who.
If you've got any such information about the characters you'd like to send me so as to help update the listings, please do send it my way. And I think the general community would be interested in seeing your project as it would be a great help for others as well.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

jediX

Reaction score
I have it under control myself, but if anyone wants to contribute that would be greatly accepted. I'm just wondering if people want to see this before I get it underway and end up spending time on something nobody wants.

Check out what I have so far. Once I get the barebones taken care of on TV Tome I'll migrate the site to my personal server.

http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-10932

Thus far I have a short synopsis of the show and the pilot, and the scene-by-scene breakdown of "Science Fiction" along with as complete of a character list as I could assemble thus far.

Thijs

Reaction score
Great idea, but it's gonna be hard without having each episode.

jediX

Reaction score
I have every episode....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Then how come when I went to the site and page in question, of the three episodes you've finished guides for... why is it that only "Science Fiction" has its own text transcript? Of the other two episodes you said you finished guides for, "Monster Telethon" and "The Ratings Game" I only get the generic data for each of those two episodes. I'd rully like to see a guide for the whole show and all the individual episodes, since I never watched the show. And the one episode I did saw was an aborration in my mind since I didn't know what it was. And the one I did see probably wsn't even an actual episode cause there are things in my memory banks that conflict from what little I've read of the episode info. I'd also like to see this guide cause it would help complete/compliment my Muppet Listings for that particular Henson production.
Well, I'll probably pop back in with what I got and probably a few answers for you later today or during the weekend. Hope this helps and have a good day.

jediX

Reaction score
Oh, that's because I wrote the short synopses (excluding Innertube) several years ago when I took over the guide. I just wrote "Science Fiction" Monday evening :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... this stuff takes a while... I spent the betterment of lord knows how long writing about the Elmo's World Holiday special (thread on the Sesame Street forum here), so this will take some time.

Can't wait for a detailed synopsys of Dog City, tho...

jediX

Reaction score
I'm at least halfway through the character guide thus far. Now I just need to write some quick biographies for some characters, filmographies/episode appearances, and to find names/performers for unsure things.