Jim Henson Co. Heading into Anime Industry

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Labyrinth Fairy is right there are different styles of anime. Just look at Hayao Miyazaki's anime Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke compared to such cartoons as Pokemon ans Yu-gi-oh. Different ends of the spectrum.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Excellent call Infinity Sirius; most people hear Anime and autimatically think Pokémon and think "Well here's a nice pile of crap", but films like Spirited Away, Princess Monoke, Metropolis, etc. get glanced over because they're not directly main stream. Japanese animation can be exquisite and I think this is a GREAT and creative platform for the JHC.

beaker

Reaction score
anime and the Jim Henson company...does it get any more glorious?
Who woulda thunk both Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock would ever get a major relaunch?

Oh, and it's hard to respect the idea that all anime is crap. Yeah, a lot of it is...but then there is Spirited Away, Akira, Howl's Moving Castle, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis, etc. Anyone ever seen The Animatrix? Now I could definately see Dark Crystal in that style, and if it was anywhere near that level of cool...ohhhh baby.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
anime and the Jim Henson company...does it get any more glorious?
Who woulda thunk both Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock would ever get a major relaunch?

Yeah...Muppets, live-action, anime, anime, anime...
(to the tune of the "SPAM" song from Monty Python's Flying Circus):

:sing: Anime Anime Anime Anime Lovely ANIME! Wonderful Anime!

:wink:

AAO

Reaction score
Well...I'm not a big FAN of Anime...but I guess it will get the Muppet's name out there again.,..