Jim Henson Biography

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I searched on Biography.com and was surprised that there wasn't a Biography on Jim Henson. How can this be? The only thing that comes up is the Sesame Street Biography, which did have some info about him but they should still produce one highlighting him specifically.

And also, is there a book written specifically about Jim?

jediX

Reaction score
Get "Jim Henson - The Works" By Christopher Finch -- it's by far the best bio of Jim I've read.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
jediX said:
Get "Jim Henson - The Works" By Christopher Finch -- it's by far the best bio of Jim I've read.
Oh I forgot about that book.......I always thought it was more about the company but I'll have to put it on my Christmas list.......

p.s. Love your avatar

jediX

Reaction score
It has SOME about him, but elsewise it's an incredible book. I recently ran a search using some of my university's online databases and came w/ nothing. I can't believe we don't have a single Henson book in our library.

:smile: It has gotten rather great acception. Since I hit senior membership I decided my baby Koozie should grow up :smile:

Elasaid

Reaction score
There was a video biography done in 1995. It's called The World of Jim Henson. You can find it on Amazon. :excited:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Elasaid said:
There was a video biography done in 1995. It's called The World of Jim Henson. You can find it on Amazon. :excited:
Thanks! :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
What exatly are you looking for about him?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Just something that chronicles his childhood, school years and really just focuses on him and his life. If it has lots of pictures, the better. I just really like learning a person's history so I can see how their experiences affected the way they think and do things.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
From all I've read about Jim, I was amazed that I have so much in common with him (Wizard of Oz, art, puppetry, interests in general, both being born in MS)--then again, that about fits the bill for any of us here I suppose.

The World Of Jim Henson is a great video and I see it was already mentioned but wanted to back it up since I was going to post about it! I own the video and love to see it. There are also several 'kiddie' biography books about his youth which are good, although some of it is in speculation.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CNN did a great biography on Jim around 1999. It was part of their "People Profiles" series.