Jim Henson Autograph Authenticity

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
To Phil or anyone on this fourm,

This question is to anyone who knows or has an authenthic signature.....

Is this a legit Jim Henson autograph ?

http://i8.ac.yahoo.com/users/4/5/1/5/starssignhere2-img429x600-1065496723hensony.jpg

Reason I ask is that someone bought it for me as a gift and when i got it, the whole thing looks fishy!!

I looked at the autograph over in the collectibles area and the letter "J" looks totally different.

The copy looks like it is from a laser printer and looks like it was blown up from a smaller sized photo as its not clear. The signature looks to be signed with green paint pen.

Also, any chance of anyone in the NYC Henson offices being able to tell if this is legit or not if I was to mail it to them ? If its a fraud, I feel they should be made aware of it.

Again, any help would be mucho mucho appreciated as I dont want the person who bought me this to feel as if they got ripped off.

Thanks

Michael

Luke

Reaction score
Jim did sign a lot of that type of photo, and in green. I've seen some legit versions from around that time and I would agree its a bit off in places. The middle part looks a bit cramped. That's not to say it's fake though - Phil or Michael Dixon are your experts for that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I collect autographs a LOT.

Jim Henson's "J" generally isn't pointed at the top, and his "H" seems to be having too much of a curve; however, even your own signature will vary from time to time (seldom does mine look the same always).

I think it's legit.

My suggestion is to send it to the JHC via fanmail@henson.com