1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

It's Time for the Emmy and Jackie Awards!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by EmmyMik, Aug 16, 2002.

1. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

A muffin is a wonderful treat. It makes you feel all warm and gooey inside, sort of like a muffin. So receiving a muffin is wonderful. One would think that receiving a Golden Muffin would be a greater honor. And it is. The Golden Muffin* is the award of the Emmy and Jackie Awards. The Golden Muffin is... You know, forget it! Let's get this thing started, and hand out some awards! YOUR FACE!

*Winners don't actually receive a golden muffin (or any muffin). So don't be looking for a golden anything coming to you in the mail!
  2. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Golden Muffins

Okay Girls so what does one have to do to qualify for a Golden Muffin?
    Jamie
  3. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

If Billy Crystal's hosting this, I'm out of here.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I think you should offer muffin awards to people on here who are the best muffin-uppers of threads..hmmm, now who could those be?;)
  5. grail

grail New Member

i'm nowhere near as good at "muffining" (that just SOUNDS dirty, doesn't it?) posts as Byron, Nate, Chris, and Kevin (in that order...heh) but i DID just sing the lyrics to "The Greatest American Hero"...twice. and i taught everyone how to say "I have a fire in my pants" in Spanish...could i at least get an honorable mention?
  6. OMGOMG this is the most exsiting thing I've heard about all day!!

EEK!!

*on pins and needles till the awards are unveiled*
  7. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I had one of our Chocolate chip muffins at work today (Einstein's Bagels!!)

It was delish! :D

Wait, what where we talking about again??

- Billy :cool:
  8. radionate

radionate New Member

Is this what we were waiting for? Where are they already? :D
  9. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Wow. Isn't this great? Can't you just feel all of these awardsy vibes? Wow.

When Jackie and I first decided to o the Emmy and Jackie Awards, we envisioned Bill Barretta as the main presenter. However, he hasn't been around here lately. I wonder why. So it is up to Jackie and me to present each Golden Muffin.

The first Golden Muffin goes to a very special group of individuals. I can safely say that without them, we would not be here, and there would be no "here" for us to not be (or something like that). Without them, we would not be Muppet fans. Of course, I am talking about the Muppets. In a world of action figures and MuppetFest, the actual Muppets seem to be forgotten. It is my great honor to present a Golden Muffin to the Muppets!
  10. UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly Member

*politely applauds the muppets on their great achievement, as one should do when any award is handed out*
  11. *heartily applauds as camera pans in on him as one of the M"SEE" selebrities out in the audiense*

:D
  12. grail

grail New Member

*gives Byron bunny ears while the camera is on him* GO MUPPETS!!! WOO!!
  13. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

(notices that the camera is on him and quickly stops scratching his pits)
  14. "*gives Byron bunny ears while the camera is on him* GO MUPPETS!!! WOO!!"

:mad:
  15. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

*clapping distractedly while simultaneously trying to decide if I should try to TASTE the muffin crumbs on the awards dinner table*

I DO hope this is the sort of awards show where dinner is served...

Quinnnnn
  16. Jackie

Jackie New Member

And now here is Jackie to present the second award!

For years it has gone unnoticed by the common man though it's splendor would shine for many decades. It never complained about playing second fiddle, and that is why it is so great! This next award goes to....

Jerry Nelson's underrated beard that stood in the shadow of Jim Henson's without a single complaint! To his beard, we award thee a Golden Muffin!
  17. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

So it is going to be *that* kind of award show, eh?

*claps half-heartedly whilst scanning the room for the bar*
  18. radionate

radionate New Member

When you find it, let me know.
  19. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

(walks down the isle with large snack tray)

Popcorn! Hotdogs! Ice cold beer! Who wants some?
  20. UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly Member

*stands up and wildly applauds Jerry Nelson*

"You da man Jerry!!"

*sees Crazy Harry and steals a carton of popcorn*