1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Is there a man in that locker? (MTM question)

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I was watching The Muppets Take Manhatten today, and thought that I saw a man sleeping in one of the lockers (under Fozzie) at the end of the "Can't Take No" number. I've previously heard of a cut scene involving other people sleeping in the lockers, but I've never seen this before. Am I just imagining it?
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Never realized that. I want to watch it over now to check
  3. Beauregard

I've been trying to get a screencap, but its slightly too blurry.
  4. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

maybe it's frank oz
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It does look like it! Well it is New York City, heh.
  6. Beauregard

Haha. Totally. But still, that's something new for my Muppet movie trivia! Also noticed Statler and Waldorf in a box watching Manhattan Melodies for the first time. Adding to my general belief that MM is a code for The Muppet Show, and that the movie is semi-biographical for their real cannon. *awaits eager discussion regarding Muppet cannon to follow*
  7. heralde

The only one who messes up that theory is Mr. "Here's Your 3D Glasses" Scooter, who shows up in episode 6 asking to be hired as a go-fer. ;)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. shinycelebi225

correction: episode 4
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. heralde

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've noticed it for over a year (I had wondered if that was one of the performers... Looks a bit like Steve Whitmire to me, though I'd read that one of the actors who played a small locker person showed up to the screening unaware he was cut from the film).
  11. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Canon, aye... I think it starts from the Muppet Movie and then once they sign the Standard Rich & Famous Contract they do The Muppet Show. The Muppets then do a movie ("The Great Muppet Caper") and then do a Broadway show together and it's depicted in a movie ("The Muppets Take Manhattan"), then they do a few more TV shows (MT, JHH), movies (MCC, MTI, MFS, "The Muppets") and TV specials.
  12. heralde

So sometime between GMC and MTM they decided to go to college? Hmm, yeah I suppose it's possible.
  13. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Well, I feel like MTM is a loose depiction of something they might've done in real life. Then again, this my weird little brain's idea...
  14. heralde

No, no that's true. It's like how TMM is just "approximately how it happened."
  15. Beauregard

Hehe. I agree. Its all very loose canon (haha, a loose canon, ba dom ch!) I just figure that if you replace "Hollywood" with "drama college" it all fits together pretty well. But that's a discussion for another thread...

At least I'm not the only one seeing weird gentlemen in lockers.
  16. shinycelebi225

IT'S FRANK OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

I'm pretty sure I read in an interview somewhere with Frank Oz that there was a part cut from the final version of MTM that involved a family of little people also staying in the lockers.... he felt bad about it because apparently the actors showed up at the movie premiere and nobody had told them their scenes were cut - Frank said he now on movies he directs he makes sure that folks know beforehand if their scenes are cut so they don't have to find out at the premiere! I wish I could remember where I read that so I could back up this statement with evidence... but that's my understanding of the reason there's a dude in the locker!
  18. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Oh good someone else saw the man in the locker too! And I don't think it was Frank because he wasn't wearing glasses.
  19. shinycelebi225

hmmmm...................................
  20. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This is where I first heard that behind-the-scenes story: http://www.toughpigs.com/recap-frank-oz/