Is there a man in that locker? (MTM question)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was watching The Muppets Take Manhatten today, and thought that I saw a man sleeping in one of the lockers (under Fozzie) at the end of the "Can't Take No" number. I've previously heard of a cut scene involving other people sleeping in the lockers, but I've never seen this before. Am I just imagining it?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was watching The Muppets Take Manhatten today, and thought that I saw a man sleeping in one of the lockers (under Fozzie) at the end of the "Can't Take No" number.
It does look like it! Well it is New York City, heh.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It does look like it! Well it is New York City, heh.
Haha. Totally. But still, that's something new for my Muppet movie trivia! Also noticed Statler and Waldorf in a box watching Manhattan Melodies for the first time. Adding to my general belief that MM is a code for The Muppet Show, and that the movie is semi-biographical for their real cannon. *awaits eager discussion regarding Muppet cannon to follow*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
HAdding to my general belief that MM is a code for The Muppet Show, and that the movie is semi-biographical for their real cannon. *awaits eager discussion regarding Muppet cannon to follow*
The only one who messes up that theory is Mr. "Here's Your 3D Glasses" Scooter, who shows up in episode 6 asking to be hired as a go-fer. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed it for over a year (I had wondered if that was one of the performers... Looks a bit like Steve Whitmire to me, though I'd read that one of the actors who played a small locker person showed up to the screening unaware he was cut from the film).

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Haha. Totally. But still, that's something new for my Muppet movie trivia! Also noticed Statler and Waldorf in a box watching Manhattan Melodies for the first time. Adding to my general belief that MM is a code for The Muppet Show, and that the movie is semi-biographical for their real cannon. *awaits eager discussion regarding Muppet cannon to follow*
Canon, aye... I think it starts from the Muppet Movie and then once they sign the Standard Rich & Famous Contract they do The Muppet Show. The Muppets then do a movie ("The Great Muppet Caper") and then do a Broadway show together and it's depicted in a movie ("The Muppets Take Manhattan"), then they do a few more TV shows (MT, JHH), movies (MCC, MTI, MFS, "The Muppets") and TV specials.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Canon, aye... I think it starts from the Muppet Movie and then once they sign the Standard Rich & Famous Contract they do The Muppet Show. The Muppets then do a movie ("The Great Muppet Caper") and then do a Broadway show together and it's depicted in a movie ("The Muppets Take Manhattan")
So sometime between GMC and MTM they decided to go to college? Hmm, yeah I suppose it's possible.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
So sometime between GMC and MTM they decided to go to college? Hmm, yeah I suppose it's possible.
Well, I feel like MTM is a loose depiction of something they might've done in real life. Then again, this my weird little brain's idea...