Interesting Gulf War News

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
okay. i didnt read all the posts cuz i was lazy. but i read some of the first ones and a few of the last ones.

ABOUT FRANCE - haha i wonder if american teens will start goin 2 the movie theatre and 'freedom kiss'!
anyways, i wanna go 2 France! i hear theres this play that starts out with George Bush as a BABY talking about war and stuff!

now i'm gonna get serious. theres this really rad website i found, its like a left wing site thats really anti-right wing. i want u all to see the front page - http://www.nopasaran.antifa.net/

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Shhh, no more speaking. I think no one remembers this thread. Quiet... :wink:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Why do you bring up the nazis in your website link? Bush cannot be perfect, nor can any man please all people, but are we not free to post in forums? Where are the forums in iraq?

The Soviet Unuin is dead, and it was never free. What point are you trying to make I could not never understand :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: This 'war'

Originally posted by byl
I have to wonder what news channels you are watching. I have seen spots on community conflict over differing opinions about the war, peace watch events, demonstrations (peaceful and otherwise), and a number of personal opinion spots. My favorite is the 'AMERICAN FRIES' bit. Despite the differing opinions of the current governments involved, I have not forgotten the nationality of the beautiful lady in NY harbor. Nor have I forgotten what she means. I doubt if the French have forgotten all of the US lives lost freeing France from Nazi rule in WWII.

I am in favor of the war, and of the opinion that we should have started this roughly 10 years ago when the first UN inspectors were thrown out of Iraq the first time. I spent 23 years in uniform, and would have gone then if called. I do not hate. I wish war were never neccessary. I believe that hesitation in the face of the nessecity of war only makes things worse and more difficult.

Please feel free to disagree. I am, as are all those who have worn the uniform of the military forces of the United States of America, sworn to protect your right to speak freely and without fear any idea you might have. However silly.
I'm always proud of our military and they are my heroes. Thank you, Byl, for everything!!

BTW, WELCOME HOME TO MUPPET CENTRAL!!

FOZ:embarrassed:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
What can you expect when some people like the Soviet Union of communists? There is no perspective when the comments come from a free land as we live in today.

Where are the forums in communist countries?

What about the man killed in Tiannemen Square by a tank.

Some people get romantic about comunists, but I never do :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's like I told a friend of mine: Stop taking freedom for granted and go live in that other country and TRY to live like he does here. He'll see a big difference in how he's treated---if he lives through it.

A few years ago we (the Mid-South Cartoonists Assoc.) had a cartoon art show "Halloween Squared" at Overton Square here in Memphis. A portion of our art sales goes to charity, and our charitable event was to add to the fund to free an Egyptian cartoonist who was jailed by order of their President/King-guy because he drew a cartoon about the country's leader. The drawing and Essam Hanafy appear in our photos section:

www.midsouthcartoonists.com
photos
album: Halloween Squared!

Maybe this link will take you right to the album?
Halloween Squared!

Esam Hanafy, Egyptian Cartoonist IN JAIL.

Jailed for THIS?!

And THIS?!

Man, folks take freedom too lightly. If USA was like this, there'd be no more cartoonists left.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
That is horrible. Did he ever get released?

Personally I like his work..heh.

-Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm unsure if he did or not. I hope so, otherwise it's life imprisonment or death.

All for a cartoon. hmph.