I'm confuse between cannon and real life of the Muppets?

Movies205

Reaction score
***, Miss Piggy is so much better than Miss Mousey, my god KERMIT! wow.... :big_grin: She looks like she could be your great grandmother KERMIT!!!! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The joke there, of course, is the old song "Froggy went a-courtin'" where the frog calls on Miss Mousey.

The famous screen tests (see TMM DVD) Piggy and Kermit are in a field and she discusses breaking Miss Mousey's arm.

Funny stuff.

Thijs

Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one, but I really like Miss Mousey. I know I am not the only one, Statler and Waldorf like here too:big_grin: (see Bernadette Peters episode). O I remember that great song with Kermit dancing very funny.

beaker

Reaction score
From countless Kermit interviews Ive seen on tv, from what other Muppets have said in interviews, etc...

the only "real" parts of the tv shows and movies are the outtakes. The credits rolling on Muppets tonight episodes, the outtakes on MFS.

TMS is not reality. They brought it script writers for that.

The only reality is nons cripted moments, usually live appearences, talk shows, game shows, etc.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
From countless Kermit interviews Ive seen on tv, from what other Muppets have said in interviews, etc...

the only "real" parts of the tv shows and movies are the outtakes. The credits rolling on Muppets tonight episodes, the outtakes on MFS.

TMS is not reality. They brought it script writers for that.

The only reality is nons cripted moments, usually live appearences, talk shows, game shows, etc.
OK, I agree with what you say about Muppets Tonight, because of the bloppers.

But the fact that TMS is written by scriptwriters (like Jack Burns) is not an argument. Of course it is all fake, they are puppets. But in the life that the puppets live, I think the backstage things are real life.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I wouldn't assume talk show appearances are unscripted. The questions are generally approved in advance by the guest (or the guest's managers) and sometimes the entire appearance is rehearsed.

It's all make believe.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. That's generally true. Appearances are scripted most of the time, until the host or character makes a mistake and steps over their lines... then things sometimes get a little interesting.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, if you're thinking of the Muppets as real characters (they're not! *sob*), then it would depend on who you listen to.

For example: In his interviews, Kermit swears that he and Miss Piggy were not married in Muppets Take Manhattan, and that it was all just a movie.

Miss Piggy, on the other hand, in her interviews says that they WERE married in Muppets Take Manhattan.

It all depends on who you'd rather believe.

I'm going with Kermit on this one. (my main Frog!)

I think The Muppet Show is included in cannon, but, with the Muppets, what is? Probably nothing. They're just actors.

Scoot

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think even scripted parts can be considered real life for the muppets. Example TMM. The parts in the screening room are real life but the movie isn't, TGMC's Piggy and KErmit fight was real too, though it was scripted. Also, any outtake and non scripted thing is real life.

I don't consider most of MTM real, and MCC and MTI aren't real either. MFS is questionable. I don't think that would be considered "real" becase it was as if no one knew Piggy or any of the muppets. Bobo knew Gonzo but I think that was another nod to the audience. For all intents and purposes, MFS is not "real". TMS isn't real either because they knew they were on TV even though it was suppose to take place in a theater. TMS is not "real" either.