How good is Creature Clones?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
See, I came across it when I was searching for an Oscar the Grouch puppet. Now I'm asking you guys how the quality is, how long it takes for them to make it, etc.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I dont think you will get many positive responses regarding Creature Clones on this forum...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Extremely overpriced. They make great puppets, but they charge the price it would cost to go to Australia and back twice just for a puppet.

Last week I asked how much it would cost to purchase their Statler and Waldorf set and they told me it would be $5,550 dollars for the set. Other puppets very often go into the thousands mark.

You'll be getting a good puppet, but how often do you really use it? Would you really want to sell your flat-screen TV for a puppet? The decision is yours.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Extremely overpriced. They make great puppets, but they charge the price it would cost to go to Australia and back twice just for a puppet.

Last week I asked how much it would cost to purchase their Statler and Waldorf set and they told me it would be $5,550 dollars for the set. Other puppets very often go into the thousands mark.

You'll be getting a good puppet, but how often do you really use it? Would you really want to sell your flat-screen TV for a puppet? The decision is yours.
Yeah, I just got a reply from him. REPLY: Most puppets range from $850 to $5000

mrfnydude

Reaction score
Tried to buy a Grover. It was 650 total he said. Then he asked for my address for shipping and sent me an invoice for 715.00. $65.00 for shipping from New Jersey to Houston. I canceled it all together. When I questioned him about it he said he assumed I wanted it overnight. BS

mrfnydude

Reaction score
I do own a Elmo from Him but it took a lifetime to get. He is good at what he does but he is slow and too expensive. And his Communication is beyond words(after he has your money).

Reaction score
My blue monster character is built by Mike and is a very high quality puppet. Really amazing! However, it took six months of nagging, reminding, asking, and even requesting a refund (he doesn't do refunds) before it finally made its way to me in Australia.

Full payment is required up front. No 50% deposit or down payment. So there's no guarantee that you'll get your puppet.

Some people have waited several years before receiving their order, and others never received theirs at all.

In addition to my original blue monster character, I also ordered one of his Kermit the Frog renditions at the same time. Three years later, I'm still waiting. I gave up asking. He was originally going to send both puppets together, but I ended up receiving my blue monster only. I'm grateful for that. He's the star character in my puppet shows. But it would be nice to finally get my hands on the Kermit.

While I was in New York for two weeks last year, I even offered to visit him in New Jersey to pick up the Kermit - to save him from having to package and send it all the way to Australia. But no, he wasn't finished. And still isn't. I'm off to New York again next year. Will see if I can try again. But I won't hold my breath.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
If you're waiting for a puppet from Mike Lisa, I promise you this: the only way to get your puppet is to get paypal or credit card companies involved. I have three puppets from him and I love them all but getting the third caused me a ton of stress and anger which is not in my character at all. I called paypal and explained the situation, they said they would be able to take the money from his paypal account and refund it to me. I gave Mike a date and promised him that paypal will auto-debit the cash if I don't have the tracking number. This was all done after the puppet was over 6months late based on our original agreement. I can't believe how I was treated in the end....I was a third time returning customer and he didn't just burn the bridge, he gassed it and lit it. I will never send him any money ever again. He puppets are fantastic but the risks involved.....the stress....I can't recommend him but at the same time, he's the only one who will sell you a Muppet. And hey, RBH, my third was a full body Kermit so there you have it. He makes his muppets for whoever whenever he feels like it.