How do you explain Scooter's introduction?

muppetray

Reaction score
In the 1st season of The Muppet Show Scooter seem to be not part of the Muppet group. It is like he is inly there because his uncle owns the theatre and wants to become all of thems friend.
Am i wrong about this? Or is it that During the years between Muppet Babies and when they were older The Muppet Show and movies Scooter drifted awy from them?:wink: Yes I knopw Muppet Babies was filmed later on. Iwas just wandering what the expalination was. I'M justing recently getting back into the Muppets:embarrassed::smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, Muppet Babies and The Muppet Show aren't part of the same canon. There really isn't any Muppet canon officially, but the two shows really don't fit together at all.

The Muppet babies were based on Miss Piggy's dream sequence in The Muppets Take Manhattan, so it could be argued that the entire cartoon series was just a part of Piggy's imagination... but, ya know, discussions of Muppet canon rarely get anywhere around here. :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :smile:

Fluffets

Reaction score
Intriguing topic. *can't think of anything to say*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Ah, but then MFC just had to go ruin it all by saying it did happen. :big_grin:

My thoughts: The Muppets hung out together at Nanny's, which was more like an informal day care (yes, they could spend the night, though). However, eventually everyone split up and only met again as adults. A lot can happen over the years.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah - MFC was a big retcon but i give it a pass for being a one-time excursion for a project that was build around the premise of doing a show where all the different Muppet casts of the various tv shows came together...and this was a way of including the Muppet Babies without having the animated versions...besides the way the videos have edited the special to pieces due to the music rights issues, it's not like that scene currently "exists" these days as a manner of speaking.

I do tend to go with the Muppet Show version. I also think of MB as an alternate universe variation of the Muppets based on Piggy's dream...a "what-if" as you will. You'll notice that before or after MB there's never been any mention of Skeeter.

And when it comes to "Muppet canon", well Gonzo tends to be the keeper of most of the Muppet cannons and he's not always the most reliable source.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's some advice about Muppet "canon." No matter what you look at, everything's waaaaay too inconsistent to consider an official straight up "canon." Sort of like how Marge and Homer have multiple marriage stories (Homer eating the cake before the wedding and getting married in the emergency room, Homer and Marge having a normal wedding, and Homer and Marge marrying in a sleazy place on the interstate). Way I see it, there's the Muppet Babies canon (where they all knew each other, which was based off a dream Miss Piggy had in MTM), Muppet Show canon (where Scooter was hired because his uncle owned the theater) and The Muppet Movie canon (Where Scooter was part of the band).

Very confusing that it has so many stories... but there's nothing wrong with it. I think all the different stories are interesting in their own right.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Kermit says the Muppet Movie is "Approximately how it happened" I like to think Scooter wasn't actually there when Kermit and Fozzie met the band but they were pressured by J.P Gross (or rather the threat of J.P.) into letting him have a part in the movie.

Something like this:

Scooter: "Hey Kermit, what do I do in the movie?"
Kermit: "Well nothing. You weren't there for any of this. You didn't join us till later on."
Scooter: "There's gotta be some scene I can appear in."
Kermit: "Scooter, I can't change history just to give you a part."
Scooter: "Gee, my uncle who owns this theater really wanted to see me in the film."
Kermit: "You're the band's road manager."

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Kermit: "Well nothing. You weren't there for any of this. You didn't join us till later on."
Scooter: "Gee, my uncle who owns this theater really wanted to see me in the film."
LOL :smile: Scooter is definitely one of the awesomest Muppets of all time. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, that is cute! :wink: