How did you meet the Muppets?

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I'm just wondering who, if anyone, introduced you to the Muppets. Or how you first started to become interested in them. Was it a movie? Episode? Best friend? Or a favorite toy?

I give all the credit for my Muppet addiction to my cousin. When we were little we would spend a weekend every summer at our Grandma's house. And each time we would rent "The Great Muppet Caper" and we watched it until we could repeat it. Every time Kermit said "Wow, I wish I were you people seeing this for the first time," we would just crack up laughing because it was more like time #137. After that I started watching more of the Muppet movies, and then I moved into watching old episodes of the Muppet Show.

So what is your story?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i definitly 1st learned of them through Sesame Street. didn't know they were called that until The Muppet Show and was suprised to see Kermit there.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I remember first watching Sesame Street,at such a young age;must have been under 3.Been addicted to the Muppets ever since.Guess I owe my parents that one.:smirk:

janicerulz

Reaction score
Muppets & Me

I first met the Muppets on the Muppet Show... Of course, I was raised on Sesame Street (71) but I don't ever remember those characters being called "Muppets" until the actual "Muppet Show" (76 maybe?) I've been addicted ever since. And I never felt "talked down to" by the muppets...That ruled! Fer Shure!

--JRulz

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thinking back, I have always been a muppet fan. The funny thing is that I never had any muppet toys as a young kid, I only started getting them when I was older, probably about 10 or something. I always watched sesame street and coming to muppet central I realise how much i used to watch, I never thought I watched sesame street much til I came here.

I used to watch the muppet show when it was on TV, They would have been repeats because even though im 18 im still a bit young to have seen the original muppet show airings.

I had a very old video tape of the great muppet caper taped from when it was on TV. I remember I watched that alot and thats probably what made me become a real fan of the muppets without realising.

When I got a bit older I was watching that old tape and then realised I really am a muppet fan, they are great. I then started collecting muppet things and here I am now, im a bigger fan than ever.

The funny thing is, I also watched shows like Fraggle Rock and the Storyteller without even knowing they had something to do with the muppets or Jim Henson, I used to hire the storyteller videos from the video shop. Now I look back and realise how much I loved the muppets and Henson even when I was very young.

hdofu

Reaction score
Definitely through the Childrens Workshop on such programs as Sesame Street and the Electric Company. (if I remember corectly, Electric Company was where I met Spiderman)

Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babbies were also early memories.