How can 1 person really make a difference?

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
Thats O.K. Without diversity, this world would be a pretty boring place! :wink: It does strike me as funny, though, that you would happen to be the second person I have met on line who has made their opening statement to me in this manner. Is it simply me, personaly, or is this really just a popular way for people who are surfing to "size a person up" without really having to "open up" themselves? Just curious :confused:
I can't answer that. I wouldn't really know.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
old SS vs. the present SS

First off,I commend you Rosewood for taking that step in contacting SSW,and stating very honestly how you feel about the present SS.I have no kids of my own,however I have admitted I still watch SS,to see where the format of the show is.As stated in numerous threads,I have timed SS episodes and seen the following: the beginning sketch takes 10 to 12 minutes,letter of the day with Cookie Monster,number of the day with The Count,Journey to Ernie,Elmo's World(all of this taking approx. half an hour),and the rest of the 5 to 10 minutes is filler skits and sketches.I do agree that the muppet's speech(Elmo,Baby Bear,Cookie) should be improved.For example like you have pointed out Rosewood,that Baby Bear says 'W' for 'R' and also Cookie is still saying,'Me like me cookies.' I do agree that Elmo is used way too much.I do think that SS is 'trying' to somehow entertain today's children,then educate them,for the most part(except teaching them how to use their imagination,which is important too).Forgive me for stating this,just an observation.

I'm also from the 70's generation of SS,and I do miss the old classic SS clips(happy to see them pop up on occasion).I've always hoped that SS would show more sketches with: numbers,letters,cooperation,sharing.Not complaining mind you,I'm happy to see SS is still on the air,and for the most part the past is the past;but I did learn a lot from the old SS.I hope other MC members have too.