Human as Ford
Gonzo as Zaphod
Piggy as Trillian
Stadler and Waldorf as Marvin
Busen and Beeker as the drinks machine
Fozzie as a vogon?

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
Sounds about right! I can just picture Statler and Waldorf as Marvin!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Miss_Beaker said:
Sounds about right! I can just picture Statler and Waldorf as Marvin!
Well two Marvins really. Though it would rather ruin Marivin's great character only being able to make three line jokes, that arn't funny anyway!!!

Bea :boo:regard

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
I just had the weirdest mental picture of Statler and Waldorf singing 'Marley and Marley', with the words changed to 'Marvin and Marvin' :zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Miss Beaker, I have made you an avator, see mine, If you want to use it, save it and then, well, use it.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Actually, since Zaphod has two heads, maybe Statler and Waldorf should be playing him instead. :wink:

Of course Hollywood wants someone like Jim Carrey to be in the film, because they're all about selling films based on having big stars. While I like Carrey's outrageous humor in the right film ("Liar Liar," "Bruce Almighty"), his style would be all wrong for this project.

I don't know who should be Arthur, but a couple of Muppet Show guests come to mind for other parts. I think Steve Martin would make a good Ford. Yeah, I know, he's supposed to be British (or rather an alien pretending to be British), but for some reason Steve's dry sense of humor seems like it would really work here. Also, I think the movie may need a narrator and a voice for the Guide (both played by the same person), as so much of what's funny in the book is author Douglas Adams' humorous asides and quotes from the text of the Guide. For this role, I think John Cleese would be perfect.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I take it you were joking about S. & W. playing Z.?

I also had trouble with Arthur, he really isn't Kermit, is he. I do think that Gonzo would make a perfect Zaphod though. Obviously two Gonzo heads would be needed, and he may be a bad example with his always wanting Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters!!!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I take it you were joking about S. & W. playing Z.?
Well, sure, it's silly and I don't really expect it to happen. But honestly, it's not much more silly than splitting up the character of Jacob Marley into two characters.

I would have said the Two-Headed Monster, but that's all dependent on getting the rights from Sesame Workshop. :wink:

Whatever

Reaction score
I love these books! So does my sister! She puts a wallpaper on the computer that is Douglad Adam's face times about 15...scary looking. So has anyone heard if that movie is coming out?

Beauregard

Reaction score
In 2005.

And Marvin's voice is going to be the same as in the original. Great, huh?