Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sitting in our apartment, listening to The Frog Prince on MCR.

Dunno if I said this somewhere else, but the album version that plays here has two noticeable edits.
:batty: Oh?
Yeah. They cut out King Rupert II's joke—or attempt thereof—about a scepter and the part where :smile: imitates Taminella's voice to get :grr: to get up but stay asleep to open the cage and let Robin go.
UD: Let frog go?!?
Oh hey Uncle D. Any news from the dark side?
UD, *breathing in that Vader-like style: I find your lack of faith in, er, uh, whatever most disturbing.
*Moves off to skulk elsewhere.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(It is not quiet IN Apartment 5, but it is quiet FOR Apartment 5. Except for a small, concussive *BOOM* from Gonzo's room, all is the usual rumble and bustle.)

Ru: (looking over her reading glasses at Rizzo) Um, should we go find out what that was?
Rizzo: (NOT looking up from his tablet) Nope. Trust me. I don't want to know, and I'm positive you don't want to know. If we hear sirens, we'll go check on the little weirdo.
Ru: (Uncertainly) Um...okay. (Attempts to go back to her writing.)
(There is the sound of a key in the lock, and Kermit opens the door. Behind him, Fozzie is talking nonstop, as is Piggy, and Kermit is carrying all the bags and turning from one to the other apparently keeping up with both conversations equally well.)
Fozzie: --but it wasn't the milkman, it was the mailman! Get it? Get it, Kermit?
Piggy: --so I told Marty that unless he had something better to show me, Moi was going to spend the summer out by the pool in a bikini reading trashy novels, and he said--
Kermit: What? Oh--oh, yeah Fozzie, Got it. Ha ha. That was, um, that was a good one. (turning) Well, I like that idea Piggy, but what did Marty say?
Fozzie: Do you really think so? Cause I wasn't sure about the delivery. You know, timing is very delicate for comedy--
Kermit: You don't say.
Piggy: Kermit, of couse vous would be happy, but what about all of Moi's adoroing fans? And what will the paparazzi do while I am lazing around the pool?
Kermit: Um, take lots of photos?
Piggy: Oh, Kermit, vous are so silly. (She kisses him lightly on the cheek.)
Ru: Um, hi guys. What's up?
Rizzo: Yeah--what's the word?
Kermit: (dryly, eying the packages) Um, boing is the word that comes to mind. What's going on here? (Sniffs) Um, what's that smell.
Ru: So far, we haven't been brave enough to find out.
Kermit: Any sirens?
Rizzo: Naw.
Kermit: Well, then, it won't be as bad as last time, whatever it is.
Ruahnna: Works for me. How was your, um, (eyes packages) shopping trip?
Piggy: We didn't really go shopping. We went out for Thai food, and we stopped off at a couple of little places on the way....
Fozzie; (flatly) We stopped at nine shoe stores.
Piggy: Was it nine? Really? Moi could have sworn--
Kermit: (diplomatically) Well, one of them sold purses, too.
Ru: Oh. So you've eaten? (This last said very casually.)
(The incoming trio exchange glances, then look at Rizzo, who is gesturing wildly with his eyes.)
Kermit: Well, there was some problem with out reservation time, so we really only had appetizers. Have you all, um, eaten yet?
Ru: Sort of.
Rizzo: Not really.
(Everybody smiles at the same time.)
Ru: Pancakes are quick. And I have blueberries and whipped cream.
(Piggy murmurs something no one can quite hear, and Kermit giggles, then cleared his throat noisily.)
Kermit: Um, that sounds great, Ru. Need some help?
Piggy: But Kermie--vous were going to help me figure out where to put my new shoes.
Kermit: Oh. Well, but Piggy--you're so much better at closets than I'll ever be. Why don't you put your shoes away while I help set the table, then I'll come by later and let you show me what you've done.
Piggy: Well....
Kermit: Good! (kisses her quickly on the cheeks and sends her along her way.) We'll have everything ready here by the time you're done.
Fozzie: Need some help? I'm good at silverware.
Ru: Sounds terrific.
Rizzo: Think you could make some of those banana pancakes?
Ru: Anything for the birthday boy. I'm pretty sure I've got a frozen banana in the fridge. You want to check on your roomie? I think the smoke is clearing....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Creeps upstairs to bestow a few gifts at Apt 5's doorstep, a a jar of chocolate grasshoppers from Penny Candyman's for Kermit as his birthday is on the 9th; and a flavorful spiced log of jalapeño cheddar from Mexico which I was able to get thanks to my international connections for Rizzo.
:insatiable: Me hope they like their presents.
Me too Cookie, me too. Happy birthday guys.

*Goes back downstairs to plop into bed.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: (coming in the door) Oh! Look! How nice! Hey Kermit! Rizzo! You got birthday presents!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uncle Deadly, wicked grin on his face: Mmm, what a defrightful gathering planned for the first of this year's Friday the 13 in September down in WDW.
*Ed is excited after going over the pins announced so far for the annual event, this year's named "13 Reflections of Evil" focusing on the Disney villains.
Only thing is... Need to talk to my WDW contacts to find out if there'll be an event there in Halloween for the 20th anniversary of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
UD: And if there is?
Then guess where we'll be spending our Halloween week.
UD, *gasps: No!
Me: Yes. But if there's no event to be held there, I don't see why we couldn't become a sponsor and get someone to pick up a few of the releases for us.
And if there's no trip to WDW for Halloween, then we'll be heading to New Orleans next April fer sure.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
Man...what a month.

:news: Missed you. *hugs*

Missed you too. Texting isn't the same as hugging. *hugs back*

Carl, the Big Mean Sweetheart: Hey, long as you're handin' em out...

(Kris, Newsie & Snookie): NO.

Carl: Hmf. See if I ever spare a gopher just because I thought you wouldn't like the bits on the rug later, again!

Do I want to know?

Snookie: The vacuum got most of it...

I don't wanna know. How is everything?

:news: Ahem. Well, Piggy's shoe collection is becoming a source of some concern for the, er, limited closet resources in her apartment... Fozzie and Rizzo had birthdays you weren't here for...

Ow. Sorry. I'll email them both gift certificates to redbubble. I'm sure Fozzie can find a great comedy-star t-shirt there.

:news: Rizzo will want something edible.

I'm not contributing to his waistline! If *I* have to diet, everybody else does too!

Snookie: Erk. Uh...just remembered I have a dinner date tonight. Ciao! *door slams on the dust devil his departure kicked up*

I see no one's dusted while I was gone, either.

:news: I DO! Every day! *points at Carl* THAT walking dirt-dragger tracks in gunk on his big flat feet every ten seconds!

Carl, the Big Mean Gunk Dragger: Uhhhh...sorry. I'll try to remember to lick my feet before coming in from now on.

Eek. Um...that's okay Carl...

Carl: But that's the best part! Dunno why it never occurred to me before! *stomps off happily to see what else he can step in, or on, outside*

So...you've been doing housework?

:news: Yes. SOMEONE has to.

*grinning* In that cute little pink apron with the frilly lace heart border?

:news: Well, yes, I -- *blanches* HEY!

---------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
UD: Foolish mortal...

Me: Don't you know what a diet is?
UD: Inform her my fiend.
Me: A diet is merely "die" with a "t"!

At least there are some rain puddles outside if Carl wants to go tromping about.
*Collapses into coffin bed after folding various loads of laundry all day.

Katzi428

Reaction score
:sing: singing as I walk in the apartment See you in Septemmbeerrr:sing: taking my headphones off
Chef :Huh? Whut du yu meen? Where are yu going til September?
Aww Chef.. it's only a song! You're stuck with me .Well.. except for a couple of short trips to New York and Disney World.
Chef: Yu still think dere's nu Sveden in EPCUT?
'Fraid not pal .They just don't know what good is, right?
Chef : Darn tootin!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:sing: See you, when the summer's through.

:batty: Vhat?
Nothing, the song Kathy was singing. "See You In September", by The Happenings.
:batty: Ah, that rock & roll wit's still as sharp as ever.
Yeah, I needs a good RadioTerra station, till then I'm stuck with MCR.

Carl, the Big Mean Radio Host: Any requests? You prefer being dowsed in paprika or cinnamon...
*Suddenly, several PB golf ball bomblets are hit and sent down the monster's maw. His mouth gooily glued shut for the moment, we move on to the next hole.

UD: Mmm, guess he's par for the corpse.

*Wonders when Kathy will be going to WDW.

Katzi428

Reaction score
:sing: See you, when the summer's through.

:batty: Vhat?
Nothing, the song Kathy was singing. "See You In September", by The Happenings.
:batty: Ah, that rock & roll wit's still as sharp as ever.
Yeah, I needs a good RadioTerra station, till then I'm stuck with MCR.

Carl, the Big Mean Radio Host: Any requests? You prefer being dowsed in paprika or cinnamon...
*Suddenly, several PB golf ball bomblets are hit and sent down the monster's maw. His mouth gooily glued shut for the moment, we move on to the next hole.

UD: Mmm, guess he's par for the corpse.

*Wonders when Kathy will be going to WDW.
Hmmm.. Hey Ed.. I wasn't trying to be nosy. But I heard you wondering when I'll be in Disney World. I'm not quite sure yet. My mom's boyfriend has a timeshare there & my older brother has a separate one. I'm guessing around August but I'm not sure. I'll know more as the year progresses hokay? We might go in October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party but that's a BIG might .it's SO crowded & expensive. :rolleyes: