Hensonism on Facebook

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
being somewhat of an "obsessive" henson follower, i came across an interesting page on facebook : Hensonism. It is listed as a religion. Now, this may seem extereme, but it seemed like a nice idea.

Not to offend anyone of any religion, I thought that if scientology exists, based on sci fi books that were not meant for that purpose, surely hensonism could to.

I mean no offense to any members who follow a religion - please dont tell me its blasphemy, but I couldnt help but share it with you here. Again I cant stress enough I hold everyones religion/views with the highest respect, and just thought it was an interesting concept.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hensonism/209778675731183

Founded​

About​

My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here. - Jim Henson

Description​

James Maury "Jim" Henson (September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990) was an American puppeteer best known as the creator of The Muppets. He was also an Oscar-nominated film director, Emmy Award-winning television producer, and the founder of The Jim Henson Company, the Jim Henson Foundation, and Jim Henson's Creature Shop. He died of Streptococcus pyogenes on May 16, 1990.

Henson, who was born in Mississippi, and educated at University of Maryland, College Park, was one of the most widely known puppeteers in history.He created Sam and Friends as a freshman in College Park. After suffering struggles with programs that he created, he eventually was selected to participate in Sesame Street. The success of Sesame Street spawned The Muppet Show, which featured Muppets created by Henson. In 1992, he posthumously received the Courage of Conscience Award from The Peace Abbey.

Mission​

Hensonism: The Church of Jim Henson of Sesame Saints' mission is to bring peace and love to the world, through this great, loving, caring man. We want you to live your life by the unique word of Jim Henson.

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending."

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Well, he certainly is deserving of a religion.
I suppose I'd label myself a Hensonist, just have to wait for the next form where I list my religion :big_grin:

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
yeah me too, its only listed for me on FB. on the last scottish census I put myself as Sith! :wink: oh and i love your sig quote by the way. I know its off topic, but hey! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, that's cute. Though I'd probably call myself a Muppetist instead, I guess? Lol :wink:

The Church of Jim Henson of Sesame Saints'
Love that though! Lol :halo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kind of reminds me how a bunch of weirdos in the Whose Line Is It Anyway? fandom formed a religion for Colin Mochrie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you serious??:rolleyes: What a bunch of wackos!
It makes sense, in a way, Colin's just about the most-loved contestant/player from that franchise... next to Ryan Stiles, who has legions of obsessive fangirls, :laugh:.

But I digress, I hope Hensonism doesn't produce any crazed religious fanatics the likes Scientology has *cough*Tom Cruise*cough*Jason Lee*cough*Kirstie Alley*cough*, after all, Jim was all about acceptance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It makes sense, in a way, Colin's just about the most-loved contestant/player from that franchise
Yeah I can totally see it myself, hehe.
I hope Hensonism doesn't produce any crazed religion fanatics the likes Scientology has *cough*Tom Cruise*cough*Jason Lee*cough*Kirstie Alley*cough*
Well if nothing else, it would produce another good South Park episode! :wink: