Henson sells Muppets to Disney

What do you think of Disney buying the Muppets and Bear?

• It's great! Disney can keep the Muppets alive and visible.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • It's awful! The Muppets will go downhill and quality will suffer.

Votes: 87 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whatever

Reaction score
It's like the end of the world. Just think of all the degrading things they can make Kermie do. Advertise Mickey Mouse or Victoria's Secret. And they're so strict about copyright. What if they shut MC down? They might not let Palisades make figures of lesser known Muppets. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Zondra

Reaction score
Hmm...I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

So long imagination, independence, and the true spirit of the Muppets.

Hello commercialized blather.

Call me a pessimist, but...

grouchman

Reaction score
gnarkflap!

i can just see next month's big disney press release: "eisner declares traditional puppeteering dead. all future muppet projects will be computer animated."

not happy...but then with a name like grouchman, what'd ya expect??????

jediX

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe it. I will not accept that the company that disgusts me the most now owns one of the things I love the most.

Its like in the great stories--the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How can the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened. But in the end, its only a passing thing -- the shadow and even darkness must pass. But a new day will come, and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. ..theres some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.
-Sam, The Two Towers

I have nothing more to say. This is indeed a dark day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This just is out and out the dumbest... (Loud train rushes buy, drowning out all cuss words from audibility)...raggafragging thinbg they could have done.

I've had it with Henson's Bratty kids!

Whatever

Reaction score
It's like, what do we have to look forward to? Muppets are the only thing that keep me smiling now, I study and I take Muppet breaks and if you take away the Muppets' future, I got nothing left. What about the rumored movie and Muppetfest and and and.... THE RAINBOW CONNECTION? How can we keep believing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it were a partnership, I'd be happy... but I can see them making 2 projects, throwing them away, and making crappy merch of them, while taking away licensing from Palisades and Sabba.

Now if they were to attempt to bring Fraggle Rock and Muppets Tonight to DVD to soften the blow....

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
AAAAHHHH NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Here we go again :rolleyes: .................

On the bright side (I suppose) the UK can see The Muppets again promoting all over the place for a new movie (produced by Disney) and with any luck more videos and DVD’s (maybe continuing the “JH Video” label) :embarrassed:

Squigiman

Reaction score
I honestly can see the ups and downs to it. I am trying to focus on the positive, but understand some of your points. If Disney gets its own stuff together, and doesn't dumb the Muppets down, any more than they have been, this could be really great. Hopefully, we could get Muppets at WDW on video, as well as other old specials and favorites, maybe old and new shows, airing on television, a lot more exposure, reminding the public how great the Muppets are and should not be forgotten, and in general, more funding, which could help allow for newer, better productions than there have been. Hopefully, Palisades will be allowed to continue its operations, as they do, and have planned, and no websites, such as this, get attacked. I also hope they don't call them Walt Disney's Muppets, as that is a huge lie, and a slap in the face to a genius that we no longer have with us. Muppets were Jim's creations, and not Walt's, plain and simple. Maybe, "Walt Disney presents Jim Henson's Muppets" or something. I guess all we can do is hope, and wait and see where this goes. They survived Germany, so they should be able to make it through this, as long as Disney doesn't collapse on itself. Just my take on it all. See ya.

-Squigiman