Henson Biography available for pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This may seem like a weird question, but will this book be like a behind-the-scenes type book (similar to Jim Henson: The Works, for example) or just a children's biography type book (for example, similar to Jim Henson: Puppeteer and Filmmaker)?

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
This may seem like a weird question, but will this book be like a behind-the-scenes type book (similar to Jim Henson: The Works, for example) or just a children's biography type book (for example, similar to Jim Henson: Puppeteer and Filmmaker)?
No, this will be a respectable, full-length, in-depth biography. "Jim Henson: The Works" is a great book, but it skims a lot about Henson the man. I think it will be more in line with "Street Gang" in terms of depth.

zns

Reaction score
It's happened. The advanced review that we have been waiting for. If he enjoyed this book, then it is obvious that we will enjoy it as well.

http://brianjayjones.com/2013/06/18/oz-2/

I worked with Jim for over thirty years. He was one of my closest friends. And yet I found out things about him in Jim Henson that were new to me. Brian Jay Jones has captured the layers of Jim’s genius and humanity as well as the flaws that made Jim, like all of us, so delightfully imperfect. Jim needed this book to be written. I thank Brian for giving Jim life again. This book has captured the spirit of Jim Henson.
– Frank Oz

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yeah, there was another one up as well, but the author took it down shortly after. It was negative because the person claimed it tainted their view of Henson. But hey, we want a balanced biography, not a hagiography.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppet Mindset posted a review yesterday. It was said that it gives great details about all of Jim's productions, which gets me excited. But I wonder if that means it talks in great detail about productions that don't get much discussion in biogrpahies, interviews, documentaries, and such. Stuff like most of the made-for-video Muppet productions (mainly the compilations, but I'm also interested to see if it talks in detail about the Play-Along Videos, Muppet Babies Video Storybooks, and the Inter Activision releases), as well as Follow That Bird (both Jim Henson: The Works and Imagination Illustrated only mention that in the timeline sections).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this is going to be a book a lot like Street Gang just focusing on Jim instead of Sesame Street. If you have followed the authors blog you will know he did a lot and I do mean a lot of research interviews and other things to make sure he got the whole story of Jim's life.
I also read the Mindset's review and it made me very exited. I think that for the fans that love the behind the senses type of things this is will be the book for you. I hope anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.