[Help]Turning MR kermit into a puppet? :(

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
nope, the poser used by Henson(and now disney), are the exact same size as a real Kermit puppet , unless MR stsed that the poser is of a smaller scale i would say that it is the exact same thing ,

i have only seen the MR poser up close once,

but i can say from expierience that the offical poser used in Muppet photo shoots is the actual size of the puppet
It is stated in the MCF Kermit review it is smaller then the real puppet and else where that I have read on this forum.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/replica_kermit.shtml
"The Kermit replica is slightly smaller than the real puppet but the same size as the real poser. "

This thread talks about the difference in size as well.
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=29008

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Wasn't the whole point of the MR replica that it was made from the same patterns as the actual Kermit?
Yes, but of the poser.
I don't know if both patterens are the same or different, I'm sure there are some differences because of what each is needed to do.

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
nope, the poser used by Henson(and now disney), are the exact same size as a real Kermit puppet , unless MR stsed that the poser is of a smaller scale i would say that it is the exact same thing ,

i have only seen the MR poser up close once,

but i can say from expierience that the offical poser used in Muppet photo shoots is the actual size of the puppet
If it is the same size as the real puppet JH dosn't have as big hands as people think then because my hands are medium and they look like they would be a tight fit to fit inside the MR Kermit when put up next to it.

A person with really big hands, such as JH are supposed to be, would probably never get them in to well.

Something to think about.
Lynn

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I suppose it's also possible that more than one size of poser has been used over the years. I would imagine the company has gone through quite a few over the years.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I suppose it's also possible that more than one size of poser has been used over the years. I would imagine the company has gone through quite a few over the years.
I imagine you have seen this on the Kermit posers, and is probably old news to you, but it tells some info.

http://www.toughpigs.com/journalposeur.htm

Lynn

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
ok, again i have no real firts hand knowlegde of the poser , it may very well be smaller than the real poser and Kermit puppet (which makes alot fo sense to prevent lots of copies flying around on Ebay)

but the real poser , and the Kermit pupet are the same size, i have worked with both, they are exact duplicates of each other , the poser of course has a lot of internal structuring (such as machined ball joints, armature wire, and a complex foam structure.)

now if the MR replica is a exact copy of the real poser and the puppet , then it is safe to say it is the same size,

however i would not be suprise if they made the replicas slightly smaller than the acual puppet and poser.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
No, I had actually never seen that but thanks for the link. I've noticed Kermit looks a little odd in some of the publicity photos, especially newer ones. There are some hideous looking photos of him on merchandise here in Mexico.

I would trust Ravagefrackle on the size issue, even if MR says the posers are smaller. After all he worked with the actual puppets and posers for several years. And as I've said although I don't have any specific "inside" knowledge I have seen both on exhibit and they were identical.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
When they talk about the Kermit poser not being smaller than the Kermit puppet they are talking in a few centimeters here and there. By comparing a photograph of the Kermit puppet and a promo photo that uses the poser, there would be no major difference in size. The shape and size of the head may differ depending on who is performing the puppet but the poser sizes would be pretty constant.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I definately wouldnt want to risk ruining what you spent 200 dollars on...i wouldnt try...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
I definately wouldnt want to risk ruining what you spent 200 dollars on...i wouldnt try...

here here on that! i "fur sure" WOULDN'T wana do that to my Kermie replica! :concern: