1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

[Help]Turning MR kermit into a puppet? :(

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by GoldenBalls, Oct 25, 2006.

1. GoldenBalls

GoldenBalls New Member

Hmm I have heard quite a bit about people turning their master replicas kermits into puppets. I've searched the forums and nothing seems to come up, has anyone actually done it? :smirk:
  2. Whispers

Whispers New Member

I've heard of it too, unfortunately haven't seen a way to do it xP I'd love to find a way though
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

The general consensus seems to be that no one wants to risk damaging their replica.
  4. I wouldn't bother.
    With the effort you put into converting it, you could make one from scratch.
    What you could do is try to match the replica as much as possble. Take measurements and stuff, use it as your guide..

Make a puppet replica, of the replica, of the puppet. =D
  5. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Remember to take into the account that the poser is a scaled down version of the puppet.
  6. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

actually , its life size,

puppets on tv often seem smaller in real life
  7. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

The MR poser is lifesize to the real poser, but it is still smaller then a real working Kermit puppet.

Lynn
  8. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

nope, the poser used by Henson(and now disney), are the exact same size as a real Kermit puppet , unless MR stsed that the poser is of a smaller scale i would say that it is the exact same thing ,

i have only seen the MR poser up close once,

but i can say from expierience that the offical poser used in Muppet photo shoots is the actual size of the puppet
  9. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the size of the MR poser (I've only seen pics) but have seen screen-used Kermit puppets and posers at exhibits and they were the same size. Wasn't the whole point of the MR replica that it was made from the same patterns as the actual Kermit?
  10. wes

wes Active Member

I think t would be cheaper to make your own Kermit from scratch!
  11. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

It is stated in the MCF Kermit review it is smaller then the real puppet and else where that I have read on this forum.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/replica_kermit.shtml
    "The Kermit replica is slightly smaller than the real puppet but the same size as the real poser. "

This thread talks about the difference in size as well.
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=29008

Lynn
  12. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Yes, but of the poser.
    I don't know if both patterens are the same or different, I'm sure there are some differences because of what each is needed to do.

Lynn
  13. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

If it is the same size as the real puppet JH dosn't have as big hands as people think then because my hands are medium and they look like they would be a tight fit to fit inside the MR Kermit when put up next to it.

A person with really big hands, such as JH are supposed to be, would probably never get them in to well.

Something to think about.
    Lynn
  14. Buck-Beaver

I suppose it's also possible that more than one size of poser has been used over the years. I would imagine the company has gone through quite a few over the years.
  15. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

I imagine you have seen this on the Kermit posers, and is probably old news to you, but it tells some info.

http://www.toughpigs.com/journalposeur.htm

Lynn
  16. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

ok, again i have no real firts hand knowlegde of the poser , it may very well be smaller than the real poser and Kermit puppet (which makes alot fo sense to prevent lots of copies flying around on Ebay)

but the real poser , and the Kermit pupet are the same size, i have worked with both, they are exact duplicates of each other , the poser of course has a lot of internal structuring (such as machined ball joints, armature wire, and a complex foam structure.)

now if the MR replica is a exact copy of the real poser and the puppet , then it is safe to say it is the same size,

however i would not be suprise if they made the replicas slightly smaller than the acual puppet and poser.
  17. Buck-Beaver

No, I had actually never seen that but thanks for the link. I've noticed Kermit looks a little odd in some of the publicity photos, especially newer ones. There are some hideous looking photos of him on merchandise here in Mexico.

I would trust Ravagefrackle on the size issue, even if MR says the posers are smaller. After all he worked with the actual puppets and posers for several years. And as I've said although I don't have any specific "inside" knowledge I have seen both on exhibit and they were identical.
  18. When they talk about the Kermit poser not being smaller than the Kermit puppet they are talking in a few centimeters here and there. By comparing a photograph of the Kermit puppet and a promo photo that uses the poser, there would be no major difference in size. The shape and size of the head may differ depending on who is performing the puppet but the poser sizes would be pretty constant.
  19. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I definately wouldnt want to risk ruining what you spent 200 dollars on...i wouldnt try...
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

here here on that! i "fur sure" WOULDN'T wana do that to my Kermie replica! :concern: