Heather Henson's "Celebration of My Mom" April 7 in Providence, Rhode Island

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heather Henson posted the following Facebook update today...

Thank you all for the heartfelt notes of condolence. It will be a process to get to feel comfortable in this new phase of life, without a living mama. My mother was my best friend and by far my number one supporter of my creative development. So with her in the forefront of my mind, we continued our performance commitments to First Works and Rhode Island School of Design and turned this incarnation of our show Celebration of Flight into a Celebration of my Mom.​
We perform tomorrow April 7, Sunday at 4:00 at the RISD auditorium. Hope to see you there. We have brought the whole show inside adding lights and a whole new score.​

Sunday's show was developed as a prayer for my mom, that's the only way it could be worked on. Thank you universe for allowing me the time & space to do this work, it is my process to understand these life challenges.​

For more information on the show in Providence, Rhode Island, visit First Works and Rhode Island School for performance and ticket info.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I would love to go to this, but Rhode Island is far to get to, and I don't think I can get there on such short notice.

If anyone's going to this event, please post pictures here!

zns

Reaction score
I hope that there will be more tributes to Jane in the weeks to come. Maybe something at the Museum of the Moving Image like they had for Jerry Nelson.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I hope that there will be more tributes to Jane in the weeks to come. Maybe something at the Museum of the Moving Image like they had for Jerry Nelson.
That would be great. A venue like that for fans and the performers to celebrate Jane's life together, especially since Jane was the founder of the Jim Henson Legacy after all, would be good.

But yeah, sorry Heather, just a bit too short notice. Had I known earlier I would have gone on a bus to Rhode Island no questions asked to see this.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I would love a MOMA tribute as well. Rhode Island is a bus-ride away from NYC, but I can't make plans on the drop of a hat due to work obligations. Still, hope it was a great show (I'm sure it was!)