Reaction score
Now, who's gonna blow out all those candles??? :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
Maybe Snuffy can blow them all out. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Happy 35th

I feel especially proud since I was old enough (barely) to have been around since Day One (although I was still in my playpen and drooling all over myself on that day in 1969). But the best thing my parents did on that day was sit me down in front of that big old black-and-white Zenith TV (We wouldn't get color for another year) and let the good people of Sesame work their magic on me.

Two candidates for who can blow out the candles.

Cookie Monster- during the song from Season One "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake" Ernie puts the cake in the oven and out comes this huge dessert already frosted and with lit candles (and Joe manages to squeeze a few bars of "Happy Birthday" into the score).
Cookie blows out the candles and "eats" the cake mostly by smashing it with his hands and shoving the big pieces in his mouth.

Bad Bart/Clementine- during one skit held in the Western "saloon" set, Bad Bart convinces the cowpokes not to tell Clementine he has a "surprise" for her. (What's he gonna do? Bump her off???!!) :eek: His surprise turns out to be a surprise birthday cake for our sweet lass. At the end of the skit we one of the cowboys blow out the candles. (Dummy! IT'S HER BIRTHDAY!) Oops!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
Cookie Monster- during the song from Season One "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake" Ernie puts the cake in the oven and out comes this huge dessert already frosted and with lit candles (and Joe manages to squeeze a few bars of "Happy Birthday" into the score).
Cookie blows out the candles and "eats" the cake mostly by smashing it with his hands and shoving the big pieces in his mouth.
Actually, I don't think that song is from Season One since Cookie Monster and the Count were in that one and neither of them were in the first season. Well, Cookie Monster was, but his personality wasn't established until later on. Anyway, I read that song at the lyrics archive and I just thought I'd comment on it.

King Jim

Reaction score
I remember my Grandson couldn't wait till it came on. I remember seeing the first Episode when It first aired. Wait till Sesame Street turns 50 years old in 15 years.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Happy Late Birthday to you.

Before you know it your forty two!

Happy Birthday Dear Sesame Street.

Give Cookie Monster alot of things to eat!

*Clap* *Clap*

Thank you.:sympathy:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For Daffyfan

Hey Daffyfan. No, I swear on a stack of Bibles this clip was from Season One, since Ernie has on his orange/purple/multicolor striped shirt. Starting in Season Two he was dressed in his familiar red/blue shirt with the yellow collar and cuffs. So the clip with the Count was a remake. In the original, it was just Ernie and Cookie, but still quite a production.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Song Tribute

Since I LOOOOOVE the obscure SS Muppets, I thought I'd have them do a version of "Sing", in honor of SS's 35th birthday. This definitely would not be done on TV by PBS, but it's just a thought. Here it is:

Herbert Birdsfoot: Sing!

Hipster and Dullard: Sing a song.

Sherlock Hemlock, Don Music, and Professor Hastings: Sing out loud.

Forgetful Jones: Sing out... uh, Ah fergot!

Same Sound Brown, Farley, and Betty Lou: Sing of good things, not bad;

Guy Smiley, Ruby, and Preston Rabbit: Sing of happy, not sad.

Mule, Pig, and Fish (from "Swinging on a Star"): Sing!

Monty: Sing a song.

Placido Flamingo: Make it simple to last your whole life long.

Ming Peacock, Iago the Donkey, and Sidney Camel: Don't worry if it's not good enough

Gilbert and Sullivan: For anyone else to hear.

Bare-faced AMs from first episode: Just sing!

Harvey Kneeslapper and Dr. Nobel Price: Sing a song!

Little Jerry and the Monotones: Come on!

Chris and the Alphabeats: La, la la la la

Roosevelt Franklin and Friends: La la, la la la la

Vincent Twice Vincent Twice, Super Nanny, and Parker Monster: La la, la la la la la la

AM Monsters, including Frazzle and Maurice: La, la la la la

Rick, Sam, and Ilsa (from the "Casablanca" skit): La la, la la la la

Biff (with Sully at piano): La la, la la la la la la

Rodeo Rosie, Deena Monster, and Pearl: La, la la la la

Prince Charming, Rapunzel, and Cinderella: La la, la la la la

Meryl Sheep, Clementine, and Ethel Mermaid: La la, la la la la la

Buster the Horse and Fred the Wonder Horse: La, la la la la

Jackman Wolf, Mr. Between, and Sonny Friendly: La la, la la la la

Herry's Family: La la, la la la la la la

Cut to a shot of SOOOOO many obscure SS Muppets.

All: Just sing!
Sing a song.

What do you think of this?

BlueAM

Dantecat

Reaction score
That Sure Does Look Really Good! If They Ever Did That In Real Life Even Thought If They Just Wouldn't At All,I'd Have A Really Good Time With It!