Hair on her heady-head-head

HandySam

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I have the solution! (I think)

There's an old character I use from time to time called "Granny Gumms" I actually just learned the secret of how her hair was made from the woman that built her a few days ago - find long fun fur that is grey/black - that is grey at the top and black near the "roots", brush it back and add a mixture of white glue and water. When it dries it will look great.

Check out this photo and if it's sort of the look you are going for maybe I can provide more detailed information.
Hey Granny is a really cool lookin puppet!

Phantom

Reaction score
Buck, you amaze me. You just keep pulling out puppet after puppet after puppet. I know you've been at this forever (and alot of people here have), but it still amazes me each time you post another picture. You should post like an album or something. Everyone should.

btw, I like her.

HandySam

Reaction score
Phantom said:
Buck, you amaze me. You just keep pulling out puppet after puppet after puppet. I know you've been at this forever (and alot of people here have), but it still amazes me each time you post another picture. You should post like an album or something. Everyone should.

btw, I like her.
I dont think he made granny. he said he just used her. still a really cool looking puppet.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Phantom said:
:embarrassed: Thanks.

Like Phantom said, I just used her, I didn't build her. You should have seen some of the stuff I used to have when I had a real puppet building business. I had 200+ puppets - it was quite a collection. Everything from little hand puppets to Audrey II.

Storage became an issue after I got married a few years ago so a lot of puppets were sold to puppeteers or auctioned on ebay around 2000-01 and I had to get rid of a lot of stuff when I shut down my puppet building business.

Most of the puppets I have now are new ones I've built in the last year for "Bear Town" or old puppets I didn't want to part with. I plan to put a gallery of all the newer ones up on the "Bear Town" site in month or two once I'm finished building.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Yeah, Buck, that's kinda what I had in mind. I do want the hair to be kinda boofy though, and in the picture it looks a little closer to the head than what I had in mind. I'm going to look around at some doll shops though -- the last shop I went to had wigs that were slightly too small, but they didn't have a big selection either.

Jinx -- that foam idea sounds really cool. I'll toy around with that for a while too.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I was wondering what a beard and mustache would look like in foam.