Got a Package from Palisades Today!

Ashmanarion

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome grail:smile: In the email I got, it said 2-6 weeks before it would be shipped but I'm impatient with toys heh. Thanks alot!

Edit: My spelling's atrocious today heh.

grail

Reaction score
ah, 2-6...i knew there was a 6 in there somewhere. went with 6-8 to be safe...

and i hear ya...i couldn't wait to get my stuff. these things are just to cool

addition: i really wouldn't worry about spelling...bad spellers run rampant through the site. you'd think with all the Sesame Street we've all watched we'd be better, but no...

Chadj76

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Grail, sorry I got a little fired up. I just don't think some people realize how lucky we are that Palidise is even doing a club, much less giving a "surprise" item worth $90+. And it's almost unheard of to have so many employees from a toy manufactor visist these boards, and actually listen and reply! I'm afraid if people keep complaining about the "FREE" stuff, they will stop visisting and interacting with us you know?

Ashmanarion - I ordered mine on August 17 and got it yesterday, so seems to be shipping fairly quick!

Ashmanarion

Reaction score
Thanks for telling me that Chad. Gives me some hope heh. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to get a "surprise" but it's ok. I think that getting what I am getting plus being able to get show exclusives, being the top reason I joined, is awesome.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chadj76
Thanks for the welcome Grail, sorry I got a little fired up. I just don't think some people realize how lucky we are that Palidise is even doing a club, much less giving a "surprise" item worth $90+. And it's almost unheard of to have so many employees from a toy manufactor visist these boards, and actually listen and reply! I'm afraid if people keep complaining about the "FREE" stuff, they will stop visisting and interacting with us you know?
no worries here, in fact i've done the same worrying. thankfully, as i think you can tell, the Palisades guys are pretty easy going. and i think they knew it was going to be no fun at times because they're going to have to deal with both the good and the bad. i think sometimes people think i go out of my way to have nothing but nice things to say about them, but that's kinda true. mainly because i like to try and "even out" the "i want", "why didn't you" and "i don't like" posts. it is my opinion in life that you always hear about what you're doing wrong, but never enough about what your doing right. so i try and point out that they are doing a really wonderful job overall. in my opinion, they are doing a BETTER job than anyone else out there...and i have stories...

i think that the ONLY way to effectively critisize is this:

1) make a point of stating what's going right
2) point out what you disagree with
3) make a suggestion about how to fix it. "i don't like it" is not helpful. "i don't like it because the hair is too dark, is there any way that it can be lightened to bring it more in-line with the look?" is. there may be nothing that can be done (in this case i'm thinking of Chef), but maybe they have a reason that makes sense, and then it's not so bad at all (they did, and while i still think it clashes a little, it's growing on me)

wow, this turned into a long post...but i have a lot to say on this subject. i think they're doing a better job than ANY other company would have done, and it makes me angry when people don't afford them the respect that should come with the effort that they have put into their projects.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
well...

I just want to say how dissapointed I am in Palisades right now. You want critical remarks? Here you go:

On Sunday I ordered my two invisible Fozzies and my extra VC beaker from Palisades. I also ordered a gift membership (and an extra fozzie) for my girlfriend. This was all done via PayPal.

So yesterday, I get an e-mail from Palisades saying that they recieved my payment for both! What the heck is that? I liked it much better when I ordered my first kit and there was no way of knowing they recieved my payment! I liked the panic of worrying everyday. Wondering when (if at all) my package would show up! I miss the dread and fear of the endless sleepless nights, mumbling about my VC beaker and if it'd ever arrive. How dare Palisades send me a reply to assuage all my fears! But this nightmare only gets worse.

Today I recieved another e-mail, just short 24 hours after the last, telling me my order has been shipped! WHAT?!?! Just yesterday they told me my order would be shipped in 2 to 6 weeks! Now they are telling me it's shipped today? For Christ's sake! I had my next 2 to 6 weeks planned out! What am I going to do with all that time now?

Look, I'm a very simple man. All I ask is that when I order something off the internet, I recieved NO confirmation they've recieved my payment and then weeks of worry wondering when said ordered item will arrive! Is that too much to ask? I think not.

Oh, but I bet Palisades is calling this "Prompt Customer Service". Oh yeah? Well I call it a tragedy and the decline of everything we've come to love about buying online! Don't they know what this kind of prompt service will do to the already weakend economy? Soon the members of the club will start demanding the same kind of service from every vendor they purchase from! Stores will have to ship prompty! Consumer confidence will grow! The world will collapse under the weight of this "efficiency"! And to top it all off, I'm going to have to fill my band's CD orders more promptly taking away valuable Muppet Central browsing time!

Well I'm not going to stand for it! Palisades, you can take your 'payment recieved' and 'shipped today' notices and stick them up your left nostril! Yes, the left one! No, your other left! Very good!

Why, if I wasn't in southern California I'd drive over to your office in "Happy Customer Service Land" and shake my butt right outside your office door!

I can't though....I'm just too excited my orders are on their way.

I love you Palisades.

jf

Ashmanarion

Reaction score
I got my email today from Tony saying it had shipped to. I was extremely happy to see it and totally unexpecting. Thanks alot Palisades!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
JohnFranklin,

That's hysterical. I started reading your post and got all geared up for some kind of major attack...

It's difficult to read sarcasm on the internet.

You are being sarcastic, right? I mean, we can always stop all communication with club members, if you would prefer.

Your post gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by ElecMayhem
You are being sarcastic, right?

Of course. just having some fun. Before I decided to write the above I was just going to post a standard, "You Guys are great!" post and add (not that there was anything wrong before, this just makes it better).

But I decided to bust some chops!

jf

Slim

Reaction score
JF - funny stuff! I too thought at first that you were really upset...then it all clicked. And, I began laughing.....and laughing.....and laughing......

:big_grin: