glorified sock puppet pattern

faze

Reaction score
i have the GSPP and want to modify or upgrade it abit meanin

i want the puppet to have a foam body and bendable fingers so i can use it regularly with my other puppets

what you guys suggest or recommend for making bendable fingers like http://www.projectpuppet.com/boober-fraggle.htm

does anybody have tutorials? i have the temple or shuld trace the handle temple on the foam and use armature wires?

how do you make a foam body

ps: this is my first attempt at buildin a puppet

Any tips, diagrams and help and tutorial will be really helpful and I appreciate everybody on this forum for helping out new puppet makers

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I think Buck has a "hand and arm rod" tutorial in his "Tumbles P. Bear Project" on Beartown. You also might want to look at Swazzle's Puppet 101 blog posts about Ratchet the Cat. Those two tutorials really got me started with the hand and arm construction.

Hope this helps,

Jason

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I plan on Building two Puppets with that Pattern. They will look somewhat similar to Lenny The Lizard (With one of them as a Female Version of Him anywhay). Which reminds me how do I get The Pattern? and another thing Who the Heck is Ned Neddleman?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
SesameKermie said:
I think Buck has a "hand and arm rod" tutorial in his "Tumbles P. Bear Project" on Beartown. You also might want to look at Swazzle's Puppet 101 blog posts about Ratchet the Cat. Those two tutorials really got me started with the hand and arm construction.
The link to the page you're talking about is http://www.bear-town.com/backstage/tumbles_pg2.htm.

The method I describe there is a little less work than Sean's, but his method produces hands that look slightly more naturalistic. I think either works fine, it really just depends on how you want the hands to look.

puppetise

Reaction score
all i did was get wire in the shape of the hand and then place inside then stuff to desired thikness works a treat :smile:

faze

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your wonderful tip

I was tracing the templates on the fabric using a sharpie and cut it out, and now the black sharpie lines are still there, shuld i get cut on the black lines? or leave it like that

renegade

Reaction score
usually you would turn fabric inside out after sewing ? that will hide the lines

faze

Reaction score
i am stuck on the foam mouth

there are 3 templates for the mouth pattern
1. foam mouthplate pattern
2. felt mouthplate pattern
3. mouthplate pattern

i am confused and not sure how to do this step

can somebody walk me throught thiis

renegade

Reaction score
1 cut a piece of 1/2 foam using the foam mouthplate pattern
2. cut a felt piece using the felt pattern
3.cut 2 pieces of stiffend felt or poster board using the mouthplate pattern

4. hand sew the felt to the rest of the puppet make sure the center marks line up in the mouth

5 Glue the two pieces of the mouth plate to the foam

6 glue the foam piece to the the felt again make sure you center marks line up and that your puppet is inside out .

7 turn the whole puppet inside out and your done !

did'nt you get pics with your pattern?

I hope that helps