Garfield Movie Update

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
http://www.garfieldmovie.com/home.html Their site is now online, but doesn't have much content yet. You can catch a glimpse of how the new CG Garfield will look on the main page. Looks like a good compromise (unlike Scooby Doo).

The film has some major voice talent too. Check out the lineup (ignore Kimmel). Fun looking stuff though. And I thought Garfield was past his prime. We'll see about that next summer.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah all except Kimmel *shudder* the cast looks GREAT!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Can't wait either. He does look good. This is one film I can't wait for to see as well as Good Boy but this is about Garfield one of the funnest felines that needs more then one movie. Hope to see that it does a good job.

jediX

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
yeah all except Kimmel *shudder* the cast looks GREAT!
Hey, I like Jimmy! lol Anyway, Bill Murray is great but I ::HOPE:: he sounds like the old cartoon voice. Changing character's voices irritates me....I can't even stand to watch the new Ninja Turtles show due to the fact they sound NOTHING like my classic Turtles :wink:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I'm so releaved that they decided to make him look like the regular cartoon with real fur. They way that Scobby tried to combine cartoony and realistic kind of creeped me out.

jediX

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
I'm so releaved that they decided to make him look like the regular cartoon with real fur. They way that Scobby tried to combine cartoony and realistic kind of creeped me out.
Ditto.

jediX

Reaction score
Well, after doing some research, I found out that the man that performed Garfield on the Garfield & Friends cartoon died in 2001. http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-9593

Although Bill Murray sounds exactly like Garfield anyway. I can't wait to see this movie....I'm going to pull out my copy of the classic "Garfield's Halloween Adventure" and watch it. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
jediX said:
Hey, I like Jimmy! lol Anyway, Bill Murray is great but I ::HOPE:: he sounds like the old cartoon voice. Changing character's voices irritates me....I can't even stand to watch the new Ninja Turtles show due to the fact they sound NOTHING like my classic Turtles :wink:

Yeah... I guess the new one made by the creator, with all things related to his real creation and classic underground comic book is just not as good as the Disney-fied made for kids, annoying extra mutant o Rama... :grouchy: Sorry... I enjoy the new show much more than the classic, since it is what the creator wanted in the first place.

But for the Garfield movie, I think I'll skip it It looks alright, but really... there's better stuff like Shrek 2, Wallace and Grommet as a featurelenght movie, and such that I'l much rather see...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I haven't really seen the new TMNT series, but from what I have seen of it, it seems a little too dark for me. Kinda like the Batman series I guess; I didn't like any of the cartoons, just the corny Adam West series with the "POW"s, "BAM"s, "holy bikini"s, and everything else. I loved TMNT when I was younger. My brother and I watched it all the time. Michaelangelo was my favorite, and I even named my turtle after him. :smile:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is darker and grittier, but it's still packed with jokes, if you look for it...

Think the first TMNT movie, only much much better...