Fraggle Rock fanfic: Those Of The Black Snow

wwfpooh

Reaction score
She's just so cool:smile:...stories focused on one character of the group are fine and all but my favorite scenes are when everyone is together. They play off each other so well:excited:
Agreed. Though Red is my favorite (with Gobo as a close second), focusing all stories on her--or even on her adorable relationship with Gobo--would be like the Titans focusing solely on Beast Boy and Raven. Yes, I like them as characters (as they're my favorite Titans, pairing included), but centering every single solitary angle around them is going overboard.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I am such a bad story mama, the 2nd half of this chapter has basically been ready for ages but I have been putting it off again and again...It will be added to sooner or later I swear :smile:!

Redsonga

Reaction score
"Still, I think it's only fair I thank you for looking after me…" Her eye-line turned slightly toward Boober's spot with a glint of mischiefness. "Mocmoc, shall we sing for them?"

"Mocmoc?" Boober asked, finally turning a bit to look at the scene behind him.

With a sleepy sound like the scratch of an untuned violin the contants of the traveling bag uncoiled itself, snaking it's way up the side of the bedframe.

Red let out a surpized scream, leaping up into a shocked looking Gobo's arms.

The creatures long body was twice the length of a large fraggle while being only the width of a particularly fat radish, it's legless form covered from head to end with thick fuzzy fur in horizontal blue and white rings.

The violin like sound came again, this time low and mellow, as it went to rest it's eyeless head in the blue fraggles lap, the loose hole lined silver collar around it's neck catching the light.

"Good boy!" Bimsy said, turning her head in Boober's direction.

The beaming smile the little green fraggle had at the sight of the worm was cut short with all the self control he seemed able to muster up as he turned toward the wall again.

Mocmoc sniffed the air, a long blue tongue suddenly hanging out of its' hidden jaws lined with four sets of teeth as it caught a scent and jerked its head toward Boober's spot with a happy screech before being reined in by his mistress.

"No, Mocmoc, no. Boober doesn't want to see us…"

The worm let out an unhappy high long tone that made everyone around it but the two siblings hold their ears before it shank into the covers.

"Oh the poor thing.." Mokey interjected, petting the nearest length of its bushy coat.

Meanwhile, it was taking all of Red's self control to not scream again where she still up in Gobo's arms, nearly strangling him in a silent attempt to climb onto his head.

"Sc..screaming..i..ic..ice…worm!" She managed at last to get the words out before Gobo set her trembling body down gently with a fed up sigh.

"Red, this is silly, it's only a little one, a baby!" Gobo said with a reasonable nod, reaching out a hand to pat it as Red zipped behind him. "Why, I bet it's not even a hundred years old yet."

"I don't care if it's still in its' egg Gobo! Some people are afraid of bugs, and mice and creepy crawlys..Well, mine is ice worms..Everyone knows they eat fraggles and use our bones as toothpicks!"

"Aw, I'm not afraid, see Red?" Wembley said with a helpful grin, lining up his head to the puzzled looking monster's jaws "Its' mouth is too tiny to swallow us yet.."

"There's no need to be afraid, Mocmoc is a domesticated vegan ice worm." Bimsy said with a smile, rubbing behind one of the two long white feelers on his head and sending him into a low deep scratching purr again.

"Sure..that's what Mokey said about her pet plant Lanford; but that never stops him from trying to chew on me every chance he gets like I'm dipped in radish gravy…" Red said, sticking out her tongue in the worms' line of sight from beyond the edge of her living orange shield.

Mocmoc hissed, causing everyone to cover their ears again and Red to dive to hide her face in Gobo's fur.

"Well, I think he's very cute…" Mokey added, her cheerful tone smoothing over the scene. "All he needs is a little understanding…"

In the background Boober had returned to smiling wishfully at the little worm to, much to Red's frustration and Bimsy's amusement.

"Yes, I guess it is just you and I after all, Mocmoc…" Bimsy said sadly as the worm seemed to have heard some sort of unspoken que, slipping the length of half of the silver collar infront of it's mouth and beginning to play.

"Hey, a harmonica collar, neato!" Wembley exclaimed softly as a hush fell over the room.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That WAS cute. Everyone's reaction was just priceless. :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Thank you :smile:! I'm glad that ice worms were never shown in canon and only talked about..I like my version of them :smile:. *pets Mocmoc*

Redsonga

Reaction score
The low notes were soon joined by their visitors worn alto, its' heavy edge making the song even slower and more forlorn.

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old...
Sometimes I'd like to quit,

Bimsy threw off her covers, scooting with a slow determaned energy to the end of the bed.

Nothing ever seems to fit...
Hangin' around...

The little blue fraggle eyed her legs thoughtfully from under her bead ended mop of forest green hair. In the background Boober could be seen slowly turning toward the song.

Nothing to do but frown...
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

Bimsy caught the movement out of the corner of her eye and turned the opposite direction, to where Gobo, Mokey, Red, and Wembley most of all were gathering around to listen intently.

What I've got they used to call the blues

She got to her feet slowly with a painfull wince, avoiding the groups' silent offer to help as she gathered her crutches.

Nothin' is really wrong;
Feelin' like I don't belong.

Bimsy crossed the room, coming to a small stalagmite at its' center and letting go of her left crutch to spin around it with an odd dance like movement.

Walkin' around...
Some kind of lonely clown...
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down...

The spin ended with a few unsteady steps to recover her fallen crutch from the hands of a very worried looking Wembley as she flooped down in a nearby chair, exhausted.

In the background Boober reached out with a hand at a distance.

Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you...

Bimsy smiled warmly at Mocmoc as he came to rest his panting mouth upon her lap, petting his feelers.

Nice to know somebody loves me.

Mocmoc licked her face as the tell tale bright red tail tuff of a steadly creeping Boober made quick progress across the stone covered floor in back of the group.

Funny, but it seems that it's the only thing to do...

Bimsy's eyes darted to the side, unseen by her brother, with a wide grin still pretending not to notice him.

Red bit down on her lip as the crawling Boober began to scurry by, giving his passing tail a sharp pitch. The little green fraggle screamed in pain, bolting upright and rubbing his tail before aiming a long forlorn stare at the back of his sister's head.

Run and find the one who loves me…

Bimsy hopped straight up in surprise as a inkspot suddenly popped into veiw behind her ear with a saxophone, making Gobo laugh.

"You have spontaneous saxophone here?"

"Sure, doesn't everybody?" Gobo repied with a chuckle.

"My gosh no! Why, why, that is just classy! The most sophisticated we ever get is spontaneous untuned player piano…"

The crowd of fraggles groaned in sympathy as the song picked up again. This time backed with nearly a dozen other fraggles that had been slowly creeping in, drawn to the sound of unfamiliar music.

What I feel has come and gone before.

Boober edged around to the front of the gathering, wringing his hat in his hands as the crowd parted to let him walk though. Bimsy finally looked him in the eye and Boober's lip trembled as he raced forward to hug her around the middle.

No need to talk it out...
We know what it's all about

Boober nodded in agreement as Bimsy gave him a serious look, the rest of the fraggle fives friends and aquances sitting down into their listening circle as they sang back up.

Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get… me... down....

Bimsy slowly and carefully lifted up Boober's hair kissing him on the forehead as she exposed his hight set pure black eyes to the light, glossy with tears.

"Have you been keeping your eyes clean and hydrated Boom?"

"Yes Bims." Boober replied in a small voice his friends had not heard in many years.

"That's my hygienic boy…" She whispered, haling up the half empty traveling bag as Mocmoc let out a sharp deafening sound again, taking a flying leap onto Boober and knocking him down in an onslaught of licking.

"See? Just a bit of understanding." Mokey repeated with a wise nod and a laugh at the state of Boober and the worm .

Red made a face as Boober's laughing one came up for a moment of air before being knocked down again.

"What is it with you two and monsters with more teeth than brains anyway?" She nudged the furry ball that was a fraggle and his pet, taking a lightning fast step to zip behind Gobo again, wrinkling her nose.

"And you especially Boober, you're, you're afaid of gray pocket lint for goodness sake! How can you..?"

"Aw, Red, it's only Mocmoc..yes it is!" He rubbed the creatures feelers with a rough tussle. "I've had him since I was a baby..watch!"

All the assembled fraggles watched the odd sight of a happy Boober, as he climbed to stand on a chair, holding a radish cracker up just beyond the worms' reached.

"Roll over!"

The worm rolled in place, making his ringed coat spin.

"Sit up!"

Mocmoc, rased up half of his snake like body off the ground, weaving slightly from side to side under the out of reach treat.

"Play live!"

Even Red's mouth was curled in an impressed "oo" as the little ice worm broke out in what looked strangely like a legless form of spinning polka dance.

" Good Mocy! Here you go boy!" Boober said with a smile, tossing the cracker into the creatures tiny but deadly looking mouth as everyone clapped.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That was funny... :wink:

It took Boober long enough...