fraggle puppets

puppetise

Reaction score
:excited: :smirk: Hey guys i have decided to build replica puppets of the fraggle five im starting with gobo then boober ,red ,wembley then mokey then hopefully sproket so i can perform them with my friends but befor i do i was wondering if any of you have any pointers on making ostrich feather hair like theres and clothing and any other tips would be nice

BuckyBits

Reaction score
The trim like that found at Lamplight Feather http://www.tonyhill.net/productCat95937.ctlg is perfect. I just got some and its great.

It can be sewn in and can be layered to make it thick. I'm not sure what suppliers you'd find in Australia.

Are you building them from Foam, or just a pattern like the project puppet sock puppet pattern?

puppetise

Reaction score
thanks BB there going to be built like the fraggles are

puppetmancan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info for the feathers, working on fraggles soon.

puppetise

Reaction score
dont sell them it against copyrite laws as well any replicas are

intozlight

Reaction score
Hey Puppetise,

Good luck man, I would just like to add a caution. If you are performing for free, then you are probably okay. But if you put on a performance and make any money, you are also infringing on copyright and could be held liable. Just an FYI

You could try and get permission, but my guess is that they wont give it.

:smile:

Director Davies
ripplesministry.org

puppetmancan

Reaction score
If i perform i only use my characters i have created. I am an artist. Love MY characters, but like to build some muppets. check out my characters my home page.

intozlight

Reaction score
Saw your puppets. They are wonderful. I myself am a big fan of Kermit (i do the voice nearly as well as Henson.) I have a Kermit puppet at home.

The thread started that the Fraggles were going to be performed. And I would hate to see another well-intended artist harrassed by a couple not well-intended lawyers.
I think you're all great!

Director Davies
ripplesministry.org