Fraggle Fan-Fic: Where the Magick Began

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
....And did you notice, we both posted our new chapters at like, the exact same time...:wink: ....crazy.....
...Wow...yes...that's crazy Lisa...crazy...:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh my...oh wow...this is simply magic! All those things happening at the same time, a leaf falling and the pile beginning to rumble, the pink creature holding the baby, Jerry and Zela holding each other one last time. Wow.

I'm just so impressed I can hardly express it.

Cute having Mokey babysit by the way. :smile:

Can't wait to read more.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 5: The Rock Goes On

And there you have it dear nephew. The Rock before it was the rock. Your old uncle before he was Travelin'. And your parents before they were, well you know the rest. And, as you may know, Cantus became a traveling Minstrel. He took a band of outcast Fraggles and turned them into a music sensation. And John, he became Convincing John. But, he was so hurt and discoraged by your parent's death that he went into exile. He only comes out when he's called by other Fraggles in need of convincing. And that's it Gobo, the Rock went on. We Fraggles adapted. We made friends, and enemies, and the rest is history!

Love,
Your Uncle Traveling Matt

"Ah, that should do it," Matt said as he descended his chair. "Well, and now, off to deliver the card to Gobo."

He walked off into the Fraggle hole. He was surrounded with so many different emotions. The pipes still stuck out from the walls, these memories inspired Matt, to do the thing Fraggles do best, sing.

"Everybody down at Fraggle Rock,
Don't be late it's time for cake and stock,
Everybody's got a part to play," he sang.
"Everybody rock their hearts today,
Sing about the rock and sing it strong!
Cause we belong, to the song,
And the rock goes on and on and on!"

He continued down the tunnel, but didn't notice Gobo and the other four Fraggle Five watching him from behind. Gobo and the rest of the Fraggle Five knew they had to sing with his uncle.

"One is for the one to sing it for," Mokey sang.

"Two is for the tresures that have gone," she sang.

"Three is for the rockin' jubilee!" Wembley sang as he fell in from the ceiling.

"Four is for the future that will be," Boober sang.

"When we start to sing,
We sing it strong,
Cause we belong,
To the song.
And the rock goes on and on and-
Cause we belong,
To the song.
And the rock goes on and on and-"

"On!" Matt snapped over the singing. "Sheesh! How many times must you Fraggles sing it?!"

"Well gee Uncle Matt, we thought you'd want us to sing the song with ya," Gobo said.

"Oh my dear nephew, I did, I just did not want you to sound so repetitive!" Matt said. "Oh! Nephew Gobo! It's you! I seem to have this for you!" Matt said as he handed Gobo the postcard.

Gobo stared at Matt. "Well gee Uncle Matt, thanks, but why didn't you take it to Doc like you usually do aye?"

Matt tilted his head to one side. "Who is this 'Doc' you speak of? Hmm?"

"Doc's the silly creature that lives in the shop up there!" Wembley said.

"You named the silly creature?!" Matt asked. "Do you think he is some sort of pet or something?"

"Oh no no no Matt," Mokey reassured him. "Doc is our friend, not our pet!"

Matt stared with his mouth wide open. "You mean you five-"

"Made friends with the silly creature, yes!" Red spat out.

"And you weren't worried about-"

"Death, pestilence?" Boober asked. "Of course we were, but we, ok Gobo, was brave and talked to Doc and made friends with him! And Sprocket!"

Matt scratched his head. "Sprocket...is that the one with the twisted metal edge and wooden handle?"

"No Uncle Matt, Sprocket's the furry beast you were so afraid of," Gobo told him.

"You befriended the furry beast as well?!" Matt shouted. "You Fraggles are insane!"

"And he would know," Red whispered to Mokey.

"B-but nephew, where are the silly creature-"

"Doc," Wembley said.

"And the furry beast-"

"Sprocket," Wembley said.

"If they aren't in outer space-"

"The workshop," Wembley corrected him.

"Or here in the Rock," Matt finally finished. "Wait, they aren't in the Rock are they?!"

"Matt you're loco," Gobo said. "Doc and Sprocket just moved to a different place, come on, we'll show you. Follow me!"

Gobo and the other Fraggles started to walk down the caverns. Matt began to follow.

"Every day the world begins again," Gobo sang.
"Sunny skies or rain,
Come and follow me!"

"Every sunrise shows me more and more," Red sang.
"So much to explore,
Come and follow me!"

"Every mornin'"

"Eh eh!" Wembley coughed.

"Every day!"

"Eh eh!"

"Every evenin' callin' me away!"

"While the world goes 'round I'll still be found," Mokey continued.
"Followin' the sound,
Somethin's callin' me."

"As the world goes driftin' back to bed," Boober sang.
"Memories in my head
Wonders follow me!"

"Every mornin',"

"Eh eh!"

"Every day,"

"Eh eh!"

"Every evnin', callin' me away!"

"Every mornin', every day,
Every evnin', callin' me away," they all finished.

"Well uncle, here we are!" Gobo told Matt as they approached the hole.

"What? Where are we?" Matt asked.

Red sighed loudly. "We're at Doc's new workshop!"

"You mean you have found another entrance to Outer Space?!" Matt asked.

"Yeah we did Uncle Matt, come on, Doc's gonna love you!" Gobo said as he grabbed his uncle's arm and dragged him through the hole.

"But wait! I-I haven't washed!" Matt tried to protest.

"Don't worry," Boober said, pushing from behind. "Doc keeps his workshop relitivley clean."

Doc saw the six Fraggles coming in through the hole. "Oh look Sprocket, we have company!"

Sprocket barked and ran over to the Fraggles, he licked Gobo's face.

"Hey Sprocket! Hey!" Gobo laughed. "Knock it off aye. You'll scare my uncle!"

Doc looked at the unfamilar Fraggle. "Your uncle Gobo?" he asked.

"No, my uncle Matt!" Gobo said.

"I thought he got rid of those jokes," Wembley sighed.

"Heh, well Matt, it is a pleasure to meet you," Doc extended his hand down to Matt.

Matt shook with fear. His mouth hung slightly open.

"Go on Uncle Matt, he's harmless!" Gobo said.

"Well, mostly harmless," Doc chuckled. "Just ask Sprocket."

Sprocket moaned and patted his bandaged tail.

"So uncle," Gobo said. "This is where you should leave the postcards."

Matt still stood petrified.

"Postcards?" Doc asked. "You mean, all those postcards adressed to Gobo Fraggle were from you Matt?"

Matt nodded very short and slow.

Doc laughed. "Well, that explains alot. But I must ask, why don't you stay in Fraggle Rock with the other Fraggles?"

Matt started to speak, but fainted.

Red smacked her face. "A real brave heart this one..."

"Of course he is Red," Mokey said. "He was the first Fraggle to pioneer into Outer Space!"

Doc looked puzzled. "You mean you Fraggles have already discovered rocket fuel?"

Wembley frowned. "Have we ever made rocket fuel from radish stu Boober?"

Boober scratched his head, "Um, no I don't think so, radish juice, but no rocket fuel."

"Well then what do you mean by Outer Space?" Doc asked.

"Well you should know Doc! You live there!" Gobo said.

Doc chuckled again. "Oh really, well that is facsinating Gobo. But I must ask, is your uncle alright?"

Gobo nudged Matt with his foot. "Yeah, he'll be fine, just a little winded I suppose."

"Well then do you want my help returning him to the Rock then?" Doc asked.

"Actually Doc, maybe you could just set him outside your door, that way when he wakes up he can just keep exploring the rest of Outer Space. He'll remember that this is the place to bring postcards," Gobo smiled. "Just don't expect him to be to social."

"Oh, I never do," Doc chuckled.

"Thanks Doc, we'll see you later aye!" Gobo and the rest of the Fraggles returned to the Rock.

"Well Sprocket," Doc said. "I suppose," he bent over and picked up Matt. "We should put this Matt fellow outside.

Sprocket growled as Matt stirred.

"I say Gobo," Matt said rubbing his head. "What a dream I have had."

"Oh do tell Matt," Doc smiled. He sat down in his chair.

Matt looked up at Doc. "Ah!" he screamed. "You are not my nephew!"

"No," Doc smiled. "But I am a friend of his, and a man who loves a good story."

Matt straightened up. "Well then my good sir! Do I have a story for you!" Matt cleared his throat. "Now, I suppose you have never heard the origin of Fraggle Rock..."

"Dear Nephew Gobo," Gobo read off the card.
"Recently I have discovered the lack of the silly creature and his beast past the door to outer space. It got me thinking, about how it all started here. My journey that is. Not my life, or the life and escense of Fraggle Rock though. So this, is the story of Fraggle Rock."

"In the beginning..." Matt told Doc.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh I loved it! It was so good! I loved the scene with Doc and Uncle Matt. It would've made a nice ending to the series if they had extended it. Or maybe it would make a good movie! Either way, you really captured the spirit of Fraggle Rock! Now I want to watch some Fraggle Rock episodes before I go to bed! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*wows are heard*

*and sighings, and sobbings, and*

*it is amazing*

*and wonderfull*

*and stuff like that!*

I especially like hte way taht two things happen at once, and like at teh end where Gobo and Matt dothe same thing!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It's about time you got here Beau!

Just kidding I know you're busy...But I'm glad you liked it! And you to Lisa! Thank you guys for reading! :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Prawny... Not to pry, but did you ever finish this one? Just asking, will read it later though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey Prawny... Not to pry, but did you ever finish this one? Just asking, will read it later though.
Yes I did. It was very short...The story sorta lost its luster and I couldn't think of anything else to do with it...So it ended with six chapters. :smirk:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You know, when I first rediscovered this thread earlier, that's what I thaught, that it couldn't be finished if it was that short. It did have a beautiful ending though. Aw, I'm sorry it lost it's apeal to you; I do love deep-minded fraggle stories so much1!