Fozzie and Floyd BIG TIME

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Artie. That should certainly settle the matter. They never seemed off to me. I think that some people have filled in the blanks with individual imagination rather than the actual facts of the puppets. The one thing I have learned from these threads is that we all remember the Muppets in our own special way. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's good to have the perspective from someone with actual knowlege.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do not see why anyone would want Wendal. I mean, he's really small, and he hasn't really been much more than a non-speaking background character in the last 10 seasons. I mean, Disco Stu (though he first appeaered in the Simpsons near season 6 or so) at least speaks, and he is a funny character (sadly, he's the only series 9 figure I have, and I really wanted Krusty and Grampa)

Fink was tiny in my opinion. He should have been around the same size as Homer, but he's such a small, slender figure. At least he's a great and funny character. But really, WENDAL?!?!?

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm getting Wendel, but just because I decided about a year ago to just buy the Springfield Children...there were too many other characters that I didn't care about for me to "collect them all," and since I'm going to be doing the school teacher thing anyway, the kids are for me the best characters. So I'm getting him. I may be disappointed, but I'm still getting him.

Quinnnnnnnnn

Dr_Bunsen

Reaction score
Ho Hum

I just always thought that Dr Teeth, Fozzie and Rowlf were more of less the same size, and when I saw Fozzie I was like 'Wow Mama, yo big!'. I also thought that Dr Teeth was bigger than Floyd, and it was only when I put them together did it puzzle me. I think you're all right, we have all remembered them slightly different to eachother. I supposed admiration for something is purely subjective, and thus our personal wants creep into the picture.

Ken, I think you are doing a great job. Really I do, the only real problem I have is with Piggy, and I will stand by what I said earlier ... she is wrong. But the rest of them are fantastic, really they are.

Cannot wait for Scooter! Or Rowlf for that matter.... and Lew Zealand .... not forgetting Zoot ... and Chef .... WANT MORE MUPPETS! WANT MORE MUPPETS!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Piggy figures were really Henson's call. They wanted her that skinny. They have since changed their minds and First Mate Piggy will have more heft to her and I think it has been reported that she may have a new head sculpt. She is apparently the Piggy to get, and she'll come with the Swinetrek!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Dr. Bunsen...no biggie (so to speak) I just wanted to point out the scale issue from our perspective. It's an ongoing debate. I think people will be suprised when they see how much smaller Rowlf is compared to Fozzie.

I do agree with you with Miss Piggy. I think she will forever hold the top spot for weakest figure in the line. You'll like the FM Piggy sculpt I think...most people who have seen it early have agreed that it is the Piggy that the Series One version should have been.

You didn't tell us any of your thoughts on the Series 2 figs. Any problems or issues? Anything you liked or disliked other than the scale?

Dr_Bunsen

Reaction score
thoughts

I think the line is simply great. They are all exactly how I imagined they would be. Apart from the size issue, I think I have no problems at all with them. It is just amazing how like puppets (ie material) you guys have made them look. I am so please with them all.

Joggy

Reaction score
Even Henson have problems with sizes. There's a photo in a book called "How To Be A Complete Muppet" that demonstrates this...The entire gang is dressed in tuxedoes, and Kermit stands kneehigh to Fozzie, Scooter and Animal! Talk about small!

Fozzie is off very often... especially in those weird photos.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
the IS Fozzie is the same size as reg Fozzie right? it's the same fig so i would think so, well anyways i think that's the right size for fozzie, i haven't seen floyd in real life so i can judge that.

Zack)The Dog.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, ahving gotten floyd last night, I can definitely say that I don't think he's too big. He seems a little taller than Dr. Teeth than I am used to, but seems the right size for all the other figures. This initially led me to think that maybe dr. teeth is too small, but I came to the conclusion instead that I'm used to seeing teeth a tier up on the stage from the others, and thus he looks taller than he is...

so anyway, yeah...I can see why someone would think floyd was too big, but he's fine in my eyes...