Follow That Bird

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
aw i LOVE FTB... i was JUST humming "Im a blue Bird" in the shower too! :smirk:

yeah thats were i found my FTB dvd in the $5 walmart bin... March will be 2 yeras now! wow!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I can finally comment on this since I've seen it recently on the PAX network. Yeah, definitely a good movie. I really liked the part with the tossed salad. And there's the part where Big Bird really does imagine seeing Snuffy. Strange that Snuffy was soon revealed after this. As for Marty's first year performing Telly, I didn't think he sounded that different. Maybe the voice was a little deeper, but no big change. I'd still like to hear Brian's some time for comparison. Overall, I'm glad I had a chance to see that movie before they disconnected my cable. Lol.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I can finally comment on this since I've seen it recently on the PAX network. Yeah, definitely a good movie. I really liked the part with the tossed salad. And there's the part where Big Bird really does imagine seeing Snuffy. Strange that Snuffy was soon revealed after this. As for Marty's first year performing Telly, I didn't think he sounded that different. Maybe the voice was a little deeper, but no big change. I'd still like to hear Brian's some time for comparison. Overall, I'm glad I had a chance to see that movie before they disconnected my cable. Lol.

If you're able to find a copy of Don't Eat the Pictures at a local video rental store, it has the old Telly. I can't think of any other examples.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Well, I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks, Bear.

You're likely to find it at a store that rents out old/classic VHS.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Another good example of old Telly is Big Bird in China. He was played by Brian Muehl in this, but you'll only catch that voice on the original video release. It was changed to Marty Robinson on the DVD.

superboober

Reaction score
Telly was at his best in the mid 80s around when they made the voice change, when they REALLY played his character off Oscar's. And they go wonderfully together here as well, almost stealing the picture. That honor, however, goes to (Super) Grover. His two big comedic moments--when he slams through the Volkswagen's roof mistakenly believing it to be Big Bird ("...oh Big Bird, I found you at last, I...You are not Big Bird! You are imposterers!") and his wild attempts to bend the bars of our favorite canary's cage (especially the climax where he rattles the bars like crazy and lets out that top-of-lungs Tarzan-esque yell before collapsing in exhaustion)--still leave me in stitches today and are easily among the film's very best moments.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
superboober said:
Telly was at his best in the mid 80s around when they made the voice change, when they REALLY played his character off Oscar's. And they go wonderfully together here as well, almost stealing the picture. That honor, however, goes to (Super) Grover. His two big comedic moments--when he slams through the Volkswagen's roof mistakenly believing it to be Big Bird ("...oh Big Bird, I found you at last, I...You are not Big Bird! You are imposterers!") and his wild attempts to bend the bars of our favorite canary's cage (especially the climax where he rattles the bars like crazy and lets out that top-of-lungs Tarzan-esque yell before collapsing in exhaustion)--still leave me in stitches today and are easily among the film's very best moments.

HAHAHAHA... I totally forgot about that. Priceless. Frank's Grover steals a lot of movies haha. Don't Eat the Pictures? That scene with Max the Armor? Pure awesomeness. I get to see him when I go to the Met hehe. He's in a case with two other armors, not standing out in the open by himself.

BEAR

Reaction score
superboober said:
Super Grover...and his wild attempts to bend the bars of our favorite canary's cage (especially the climax where he rattles the bars like crazy and lets out that top-of-lungs Tarzan-esque yell before collapsing in exhaustion)--still leave me in stitches today and are easily among the film's very best moments.

Wasn't he ultimately the one who woke up the Sleaze Brothers? I always thought so.

BEAR

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
HAHAHAHA... I totally forgot about that. Priceless. Frank's Grover steals a lot of movies haha.

Don't forget Elmo Saves Christmas. His Christmas tree selling scenes with Fat Blue were awesome!