Foam blocks?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
you know, the little black pom-poms that most puppets' pupils are made out of...it might be a 1/2 an inch or somewhere close...

BJ

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
you know, the little black pom-poms that most puppets' pupils are made out of...it might be a 1/2 an inch or somewhere close...

BJ
i dont use pom pom s for eys , never have, cant think of any puppets i have seen using them.if they are the furry balls i have seen in craft store i dont see how they would be very durable

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
you know that beaker has those white things on his head- those are his eyes. 'Nuff said.

BJ

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
you know that beaker has those white things on his head- those are his eyes. 'Nuff said.

BJ

those white things on his head are not "pom poms", they are abs hemishperes.i have not i dea what gave you the idea that they were pom poms :attitude:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Sorry, Ravagefrackle, I assumed that Beaker was a foam-based muppet! What the BEEP is his head made out of?

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
sorry, folks, must save face here. i hope i did not scare any1 away from the forums!

BJ

Ryan

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
sorry, folks, must save face here. i hope i did not scare any1 away from the forums!

BJ
No, you just confuse everybody.

I feel your pain, ravagefrackle.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
takes more than a few weird post to scare me off,

but when i post something about puppet building, and muppet building, i am talking from expierience not just making stuff up, just like Buck i am emparting my knowledge to you, however i wont always tell u evrything, since to be a good puppet builder you need to be a good problem solver too.

now ,as to what beakers head is made of, i wont say, because if i do ill just get dozens of people asking me how i can get the same material and since it is something henson had built custom just for beaker it would be pointless to say it any way, use your eys and your brains, look at video of beaker, and see the things he does, and notice the shape of his head, foamis not that durable. :eek:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
takes more than a few weird post to scare me off,

but when i post something about puppet building, and muppet building, i am talking from expierience not just making stuff up, just like Buck i am emparting my knowledge to you, however i wont always tell u evrything, since to be a good puppet builder you need to be a good problem solver too.

now ,as to what beakers head is made of, i wont say, because if i do ill just get dozens of people asking me how i can get the same material and since it is something henson had built custom just for beaker it would be pointless to say it any way, use your eys and your brains, look at video of beaker, and see the things he does, and notice the shape of his head, foamis not that durable. :eek:
Thank u; I will do that! However, I've watched video of Beaker and still can not figure his head out! He looks like a ventriloquist's dummy when he speaks; am I correct? Also, did Richard Hunt have his hand in Beaky's mouth, or was there a little thing you squeezed to make his mouth move? The book Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles said something else confusing; it said that Beaker's head was on a rod so in times of extreme fear, his head could concievably go into his shirt or go up like a couple inches. Is this true?

Thanx in advance!

BJ