First Paris Hilton, now Lindsay Lohan...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Quit driving every thread off-topic with all this crap about toast.
Sheesh...it was just a subtle reference to the Paris Hilton thread...

Bea:zany:{As in, "Do'h! Paris Hilton pulling thread..."}regard

Um?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lindsay I feel sorry for. I mean, she actually IS talented, and became a celebrity the HARD way, by actually acting in several movies and stuff to become famous, and not just because she's a rich ho who had a naughty tape released. And rich parents. Lindsay actually had problems with her fatehr and now her mother. Paris has everything handed to her.

I really wish Lindsay didn't hang out with these girls.

God, I miss the old days where you have to work hard to try to become famous and just make it. now you get stardom dropped at your door, giftwrapped with a free beef Gyudon and tickets to a Stones concert if you're blonde and white and rich and thin.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just don't think that someone who could have endangered lives should be felt sorry for, at least no more than anyone else. Like I said, I'm not condeming Lindsay. But I'm not going to go easy on her just because she's talented or famous. A lot of celebs are talented, but they make bad choices that affect other people. Talent does not equal morals.

I do have sympathy for her, she's had a hard life. But so do a lot of other people. And it's tough growing up, but it's tough for everybody. I won't give her special treatment because she's got talent, that's all. She does not seem to be doing justice to her talent. I hope she (and Paris and all the other young people with these problems) can learn from what's happening and move on.

However, I'm being slightly hypocritical. This is just like the Paris Hilton situation. Too much attention given to this story when there are so many other crucial ones to focus on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just don't think that someone who could have endangered lives should be felt sorry for, at least no more than anyone else. Like I said, I'm not condeming Lindsay. But I'm not going to go easy on her just because she's talented or famous. A lot of celebs are talented, but they make bad choices that affect other people. Talent does not equal morals.

I do have sympathy for her, she's had a hard life. But so do a lot of other people. And it's tough growing up, but it's tough for everybody. I won't give her special treatment because she's got talent, that's all. She does not seem to be doing justice to her talent. I hope she (and Paris and all the other young people with these problems) can learn from what's happening and move on..

I mean, compared to Paris. She basically became famous for A) Being rich and B) having a naughty tape made of her doing things we all know, but can't say here.

But here's what bugs me... YOU"RE BLOODY FREAKING RICH! Can't you afford someone to drive you around.

Lindsay just fell into the wrong crowd, and I blame her father (and her now greedy politicing mother) for her doing this.

BTW, I really did enjoy the Freaky Friday remake... though Jamie Lee Curtus did a better job playing a teenager than Lindsay did!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I do agree that she's had a hard life. But a lot of people have troubled families and manage to rise above it. No one forced her to hang out with a bad crowd, she wants to do it, like a lot of people her age. She's 21 and she's making her own decisions.

And obviously we don't know the whole real story yet. But it sounds like her assistant was trying to leave because she was upset at the way Lindsay was acting. And Lindsday didn't want to hear it so she started chasing her while she was drunk. Again, I don't know if that's what really happened. But it doesn't sound unlikely either. And if it is true, that showed horrible judgement, she could have hurt people.

And I don't care if she's talented, that has nothing to do with morals. So many celebs get in trouble and are then given sympathy because they have talent. That's why they keep getting into trouble. We wouldn't give ordinary people in the same situation that much sympathy.

I feel bad, I mean, I don't want to bash her. But I won't treat her any differently than an ordinary person. Paris shouldn't have been given special treatment for being wealthy. Lindsay shouldn't be given special consideration for being talented.

Ok I'm done, lol, there are plenty more urgent stories to focus on. These people are only famous because we talk about them. At the moment, I am done talking about them. Children are suffering in this country and others, and we are talking about Lindsay Lohan. I am done. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ok I'm done, lol, there are plenty more urgent stories to focus on. These people are only famous because we talk about them. At the moment, I am done talking about them. Children are suffering in this country and others, and we are talking about Lindsay Lohan. I am done. :wink:
Wait? Are you saying that the news should focus on how horrifyingly huge the rich poor gap is, how the war going on is going to affect us later, and various unpleasant truths that need to be let out, and not tearing celebrities down?

NO! I don't want to know about racism from the horrible evil groups like the KKK who want to actually harm people instead of hasbeen celebrities bitter because they can't get their careers together and say the n word at a tacky nightclub.

I, like most of America want to remain blissfully ignorant of the gathering storm so I can know that a dog in Wyoming can skateboard or some missing white girl. Not the horrors of our society.:smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I do think these people have to take responsibility for their behavior and actions. But I believe that she really does have real serious problems. As in she needs real help. This is a self destructive path in the worst way. She really has a serious problem with alcohol. I think Britney is the worst right now in the spoiled brat category who needs to grow up. Feeding babies soda and trying to whiten their teeth, Pole dancing in her new video, going in housing that don't belong to he and trashing the place, never mind, the list is to endless to go on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did anyone hear that Nichole Richie's having a kid too. ooh boy, another rich moron gets to spoil their idiot offspring turning them into garbage with golden cribs and Tiffany and Co Rattles. Yeah.

You people do realize that life is mindnumbingly unfare, right? Even if these girls went on a shooting spree, they'd get away.