Final Fraggle episodes from other countries

Wembley

Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on this? I was wondering how the final three episodes were handled in foreign versions of FR?

I was wondering, due to the way the last three episodes all inter-twined with each other, how the plot was set up. Did Doc have to move? If so, to where?

I would imagine that there are probably episodes that aired once in each of the respective foreign countries, and have never seen the light of day since... :excited:

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
...You can NOT leave the magic!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone else from the UK can confirm this, but I believe the actor who played the lighthouse worker passed away (or left the show) halfway through the run. They aired the US episodes the rest of the way there.

Given those circumstances and the expenses of overseas co-productions, it would be interesting to find out if the foreign version of any co-production made it all the way through to 96 episodes.

Foodie

Reaction score
A reply with a question

Boober_Gorg said:
This post should be informative ... it's in the thread "Fraggle Reunion."

Wow. Thanks for the info. I had no idea they had 3 Captains. I do have copies of the French episodes on DVD now but, I still need to get a player and I dunno if they're the ones with the baker or just good old Doc. :smirk:

By the way, has anyone seen the French Fraggle Rock DVDs? The 5th disc has some extra stuff on it, ( from what I can tell anyway ), and it looks like they have pictures of some of the french fraggle merchandise stuffed into it somewhere. On the DVD case, there is a picture of this odd doozer toy I've never seen.

Nick :smirk:

anathema

Reaction score
They are definitely the French versions, with the French 'Travelling Matt' sequences as well.

Foodie

Reaction score
anathema said:
They are definitely the French versions, with the French 'Travelling Matt' sequences as well.
Coolness. I discovered that a friend of mine has a region free DVD player so I should be able to watch them some day. He may be able to hook me up with a region free player of my own actually.

Nick
:smirk: