Favorite Theatarical Muppet Movie

Fan Poll: What is your favorite Muppet Movie?

• The Muppet Movie (1979)

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • The Great Muppet Caper (1981)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Muppet Treasure Island (1996)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muppets From Space (1999)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets (2011)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
What's your favorite theatrical Muppet Movie? Mine is still the Muppet Movie. It's funny, heartwarming, and a very very very good first attempt for Jim Henson, in the same way Snow White was Walt Disney's greatest film for the mere fact it was his first attempt and still fantastic.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Wow the first three Muppet movies are all equal! I can't say I'm surprised though!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I acknowledge that The Muppet Movie is the strongest of the films, but my favorite has always been Muppets Take Manhattan. It's so emotional, gorgeous soundtrack, and is oddly grown up the way in the way it explores show biz and Kermit and Piggy's relationship. Plus I love any movie about NYC. :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I acknowledge that The Muppet Movie is the strongest of the films, but my favorite has always been Muppets Take Manhattan. It's so emotional, gorgeous soundtrack, and is oddly grown up the way in the way it explores show biz and Kermit and Piggy's relationship. Plus I love any movie about NYC. :smile:
That's good! I perfer people saying their favorite rather than the "BEST".

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Only one thing I like about MFS. The logo for JHC. It's like the original except that it has Animal dropping the camera thing that Kermit's on. (If you listen in the back you can hear Animal.)
I'm upset they didn't have that in the original.

robodog

Reaction score
For me personally The Muppet Movie will never be topped.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
It's The Muppets for me. I do enjoy the original three films, and I love Muppet Christmas Carol to pieces, but my favorite way to watch the Muppets is still by watching the Muppet Show. For me personally, seeing a film so heavily influenced by the Muppet Show is just what I want from a Muppet film! It may not be the best film they've ever done, but it's right up my alley.