Favorite Kermit Voice Actor? Jim Henson or Steve Whitmire?

Favorite Kermit Voice Actor?

• Jim Henson

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Steve Whitmire

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Speaking of Artie, what's up with him? I know he puppeteered Kermit on occasion. Does he still work for them?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Nice way to make a new member feel welcome people. Sheesh. :smirk: But of course that's how I was treated by certain people on here when I first joined so I'm not really surprised.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
hmmmm... I agree with Pinky on the comparison with Jim Henson and Steve...Jim is and always will be JIm...who he is and why I admire him goes so much beyond Kermit the Frog...but at the heart of it everything Steve does is really just trying to catch that magic of Jim's...I do love Steve's Kermit....and we could have a worse puppeteer take over for Kermit...Steve has kept Kermit alive and done an amazing job with him...but JIm is and always will be the heart and soul that made Kermit who he is today

Slackbot

Reaction score
I could not choose against Henson because he was Kermit. He originated the character, he performed him and defined the character we came to love.

I could not choose against Whitmire because he took up the huge, daunting task of following Jim's act, and stuck with it, and has kept improving to the point that now I don't see Jim's Kermit, or Steve's Kermit, I just see Kermit.

That which exists is greater than that which does not exist. Kermit exists in both their hands. (Or on their hands.)

robodog

Reaction score
Slackbot summed it up better than I ever could. I'll leave it at that.

BooberGypsy

Reaction score
I love them both! I love Kermit!

On a slightly different note yet still on Jim Henson. Just watching The Muppet Movie and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but if you listen to the song Rolf and Kermit sing together the song ends with three voices XD When Kermit and Rolf hold out the O in the line "Hope something better comes along" they hold it out together and then Rolf badops with the piano... while still holding out the O haha!

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I love Jim because he was the original voice for Kermit, but Steve does a good job too.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
To be honest, it's hard to decide! I think both have done a very good job with Kermit.