FanFic - Love is Neverending

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

(Please forgive the self-insertation. I just can't help it. XD)

One Year Ago - Early Christmas Day, 1997

"It's nearly midnight, Jerome! Where are you taking me?" Emily demanded playfully from behind Sprocket's paws. Doc said nothing, as he continued to drive slowly through the beautiful country side. He was humming a soft tune to himself. He turned up the radio, and kept humming to himself.

He stopped the car, and stepped outside of the car. He smirked, and nodded to Sprocket.

"Now." He whispered, his hands gently on Emily's shoulders.

"HI THERE, MS. BEAR!!!!" Everyone shouted from her porch. It was all of the muppets, and most of the Sesame Street Gang, as well as a lot of their other friends.

Emily took two steps backwards, and her hands went to her mouth. She was stunned....to say the least.

"Hi Ma..." Fozzie said, as he stepped off of the porch, and walked towards his Ma. He gently grabbed her in a tight hug, and sniffled softly. "..I...I'm sorry I forgot Ma...I...I didn't..."

"Ahhh....my little cub....." She hugged him tightly, and closed her eyes, leaning against his shoulder. "It's okay. I know you didn't mean to forget."

Fozzie pulled away from his Ma, and she could see two clear tear streams rolling down his cheeks. She brushed them away gently, and laughed softly. "Honey...you cry hard enough, you'll become a snowbear out in this weather!"

Fozzie laughed as well, and they all went into the house, to enjoy Christmas again, as it was last year.

She opened up all the bedrooms, and all the spare spots in the house, and she started to go into the kitchen to make up some hot cocoa for everyone. It was so late at night, it was almost Christmas already. Glancing at the clock, she saw it was 11 pm. She grabbed a large pot from underneath the sink, and set it on the stove. The Swedish chef stepped over and patted her arm.

"No handee da coocoo, me handee dee coocoo." He gently shoved her out of the kitchen and started to close the door.

"But...what are you?? This is my kitchen!!" Emily protested, until she was met with the swinging door on her nose. "Ow! Fine!" She walked back into the living room and sat down, rubbing her nose. "Don't know what that fella was speaking, but I guess he's doing the cocoa for you guys!"

Fozzie came over and gave her another hug. He still felt horrible for forgetting his Ma this Christmas. He felt that she was cold, and he grabbed a blanket for her. Then he gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. "Comfy, Ma?"

"Sure. Why don't you go see if that lizard needs some help with something..." She said, as she started to peel the blanket off. Doc walked over, and gently tapped Emily on the shoulder. "Yes, Jerome?"

"Come with me. I have something to show you." He said, as he gently took her hand out to the porch. He grabbed her jacket and softly wrapped it around her shoulders, as they walked outside.

"Why are we coming outside, Doc?" She asked, as they sat down in the chairs on the porch.

"Well....I....we're both old right?" He said, as he leaned back in the chair gently, smiling softly.

"Yes. We are both old, Jerome." Emily said a bit interested now, in where this conversation was going.

"Delia...I still miss her. But..it's been 17 years now." He said, as he pulled back the sleeve to his watch. It read 12 midnight. It was Christmas Day.

"She died...at midnight?" She asked, sitting up fully, and leaning over to Jerome, her pink eyes blinking softly focusing on him.

"As far as the doctors knew...yes. She could have passed before...but they listed it as midnight. I always felt..." He looked away and sighed heavily. "I just always felt so helpless when Christmas time came around. I felt like if it wasn't for Sprocket...I...I just don't know what I would have done, Emily!"

Emily watched him, and her heart melted. She felt so much for him. Her husband died around the holidays as well, so she had always tried to keep herself busy...and until really recently she was busy. Watching after her only cub, Fozzie.

--------------

Scooter was watching through the windows, and he smiled. He sighed happily. A young woman walked over to the window seat, dressed in a thick black sweater, with a beautiful green scarf around her neck. She had two cups of cocoa in her hands, and she handed one of to Scooter.

"What'cha looking at sweetie?" She asked.

"Just Fozzie's Ma, and Jerome." He replied, taking a sip of cocoa. "They look so sweet out there, talking underneath the falling snow on the porch, Sara."

Sara turned her attention outside, and pushed her long brown-red hair out of her face and she smiled. "Aww..." She cooed. "That is really sweet."

"Why don't we ever do that?" He asked, looking over at her.

"Cause niether of us like the cold, that's why." She retorted, taking another sip of cocoa, not looking at him. A slight smirk graced her lips as she said that.

"Oh, yeah." He said, as he turned back to the window to watch again.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I love this! I hug this! I hug you! I never would've made this type of connection between these two characters! It's lovely! It's beautiful! I want to read more! Way to go sissy, you've done it again!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooooh!!!

*sings* Fozzie's Ma and Doc sitting in a tree *end sings*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late Sare. Went for some dinner. And, to tell the truth... Been reading up to Act 3, Scene 2 of MNG's story. Few errors in terms of the characters, but I feel it's too late to get 'em fixed.

As for the formula... Aw heck, forget that formula. Just go with the joke of refering to a bad Winter storm.

But I want to say... This line about here...
Originally posted by Sadie's Helper: "It was all of the muppets, and most of the Sesame Street Gang, as well as a lot of their other friends."
*Tackle hugs Sara. Thank you, that just made me melt inside... That's one of my fave parts of MFC, from when I still had better sight... The SS cast coming across the hills...

Off to read some more Sara... Have a great night.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Five

One Year Ago - Early Christmas Morning, 1997

"Scooter..shouldn't we go make sure their okay?" Sara asked as she leaned against the slightly cold window, watching the two quietly.

Scooter turned around and looked out the window, then he glanced at his watch. "Hm. It's not that cold, but it has been about an hour now. We should make sure their okay."

Sara, Scooter, and Fozzie went outside, and Fozzie yelled immediately, scared to death.

"MAAA!!! Ma...oh Ma!!" He went forward, and grabbed his Ma in a tight hug, pulling her close to him. He was hugging her so tightly, he didn't notice she had only fallen asleep outside on the porch with Jerome beside her. Her glasses fell off of her face, and she was being shaken from side to side by her son.

"What in the world?" Doc said sleepily, as he opened his eyes, and put his glasses back on looking over at the four of them. "What is going on here? Fozzie...Emily's...Emily's fine..."

"I can't believe you!" He said mencingly over his mother's shoulder at Doc. "You brought her out into this cold weather!!"

"She's a bear! She has to have some kind of protection against this! You...you should know this yourself!" He said, standing up, as he grabbed both of the blankets. "If anything had happened, I'd be dead before she'd be dead, you bear!"

"FOZZIE!!!" Emily yelled, from her son's tight grip, and her hair was completely down from it's bun, draping down across her shoulders. She pulled herself away finally, and frowned at her son. She shook her head, and brushed her hair out of her eyes. "I'm fine! I'm perfectly fine!!"

"MA!!" Fozzie screamed happily, hugging his Ma once more, incredibly joyed. Emily just sighed from her son's grip, and smiled, hugging him back. "I'm so happy your alive!! And I'm so sorry about that!!! I...ahhhhh.....I knew you were tough Ma!!"

"Fozzie...can I ask you something?" Jerome cut in, sitting back down in the chair on the porch.

"Um...what?" He asked back, looking over at Doc, as he let go of Emily gently. He wouldn't let go of her hand though.

"Well....uh...." He rubbed his head thoughtfully, and really wished Sprocket was there. He hadn't even told Sprocket yet what he was planning to ask. "I'd...uh...like to see if Emily...your Ma....would uh...like to go on a date with me?" He smiled towards Emily, a faint smile, his glasses hiding his eyes just then.

Fozzie froze in his tracks. He barely remembered his Dad, but he knew this was some new feeling he had. It was fierce, almost feral possession; coming deep within him. He had always been so sweet, and so unassuming...but now this was such a new feeling for him.

"Son?" Emily said quietly to Fozzie, looking over at him. "What do you think?"

He shook his head, and took off his hat gently, looking away. "Ma's a grown bear...and...it...it dosn't really matter what I think does it?" He said, pushing a small pile of snow with his toe, making it bigger.

"Fozzie...it does matter what you think. Your my son." Emily said softly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders gently. "I really care what you think. What do you say, Son?"

Jerome was trying to contain a bright smile, that was creeping it's way up towards his mouth. He wanted to smile, and tell the world about Emily, and how he felt. He wanted to rush to the Fraggle hole and yell it down into the cavern so loud and long those...'Gorgs' or whatever they called them could hear it too!

The sweet, unassuming, comedic bear turned towards his mother, and smiled softly. "I guess it's okay. I think he's really neat anyways Ma." He said finally, a sweet smile coming across his face.

"Thank you sweetheart." She smiled towards Jerome, who was beaming just then. Then he shivered, and blew out his breath quickly. Sara was already shivering, clinging onto Scooter.

"You must have blood of lava to stand this heat, Scoot!" Sara hissed in Scooter's ear, once she noticed the cold as well.

"Alright everyone! Time to get inside now! Even I'm starting to get cold...and I'm built for this..." Emily muttered as they all went inside, to get out of the cold.

Jerome took Emily's hand and smiled. "Next Christmas...I've got a wonderful Christmas Present for you!"

Emily smirked a bit, and leaned over to him. "What about this Christmas, Jerome?"

"That was when I thought you had told your son! We'd best wait till next year then."

"Alright. Better ease Fozzie into it then." She said, as they walked inside and sat down on the couch beside Sara and Scooter.

"If you guys are gonna fall asleep somewhere, please let it be in the basement or something!!" Sara said softly to Jerome and Emily, wrapped in a blanket. She handed an extra blanket to Doc, who then wrapped up himself.

"This is really nice, all of us together, for Christmas, isn't it Emily?" Jerome stated gently, when he saw everyone settled in, still sleeping.

"Yeah...I love this bunch of weridoes Jerome." Emily said, as they both drifted off to a peaceful slumber in the early waning hours of Christmas Day.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sorry I'm late Sare. Went for some dinner. And, to tell the truth... Been reading up to Act 3, Scene 2 of MNG's story. Few errors in terms of the characters, but I feel it's too late to get 'em fixed.

As for the formula... Aw heck, forget that formula. Just go with the joke of refering to a bad Winter storm.

But I want to say... This line about here...
Originally posted by Sadie's Helper: "It was all of the muppets, and most of the Sesame Street Gang, as well as a lot of their other friends."
*Tackle hugs Sara. Thank you, that just made me melt inside... That's one of my fave parts of MFC, from when I still had better sight... The SS cast coming across the hills...

Off to read some more Sara... Have a great night.
Awww....I'd better get the mop then. *giggles*

Thanks so much. I love that I made you melt inside. I love it when that happens. It's supposed to be a mushy thing this story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... But no worries... Got a good cupper of hot chocolate here, gonna read over more of MNG's tale. Good night everyone.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh I like it! It's so cute! I like how Emily wanted Fozzie's permission to go on the date and I just think it's so sweet! You said you couldn't write romance, but you're doing really well with it!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks Sissy. Suprisingly, why I say I can't write Romance...is cause uh...normally I HATE romantic comedies. My mother has a LIBRARY (and I mean library, over 200 of them, and she's 'slimmed them down' from about 600) titles of the "Harlquin Romance Titles". >> She loves Romantic Comedies. And for the most part (there are some I like) I can't really watch 'em. Cause I can't seem to follow the story. But I guess when it comes to Muppets. I really can. XD