Fake Miss Piggy on eBay

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm confused, where did it ever state it was an actual Muppet? If anything, he may be plugging this Puppet Shop, but he never claimed it was an original?
It says it is, but we can tell it's not true.

Animal31

Reaction score
It said "New Authentic Life-Size", it doesn't necessarily state it is to be taken as an actual muppet?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm confused, where did it ever state it was an actual Muppet? If anything, he may be plugging this Puppet Shop, but he never claimed it was an original?
"New Authentic Life Size (40" x 12") Miss Piggy Puppet from The Muppets"

au·then·tic  [aw-then-tik]
adjective
1. not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.
2. having the origin supported by unquestionable evidence; authenticated; verified: an authentic document of the Middle Ages; an authentic work of the old master.

Animal31

Reaction score
Okay, so the guy gets points taken off for descriptive words. To me it would be the same as 1/1 scale...

I think you guys are reading way too much into it, just my opinion....

scandell

Reaction score
Come on guys. Am I the only one that can spot a fake Muppet a mile away? This looks nothing like the real Miss Piggy...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Okay, so the guy gets points taken off for descriptive words. To me it would be the same as 1/1 scale...

I think you guys are reading way too much into it, just my opinion....
Yeah, it's no biggie that he gives his auction an inaccurate title that could mislead someone into paying thousands more than the puppet is worth.

scandell

Reaction score
I somebody looks at those pics and sees an authentic Henson Quality Muppet, then they deserve to get ripped off. Just sayin...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Those who misrepresent their merchandise do not deserve to profit by it.

Animal31

Reaction score
Yeah, it's no biggie that he gives his auction an inaccurate title that could mislead someone into paying thousands more than the puppet is worth.
You are bidding on a New Authentic life size (40" x 12") Miss Piggy from The Muppets. It is made from The Puppet Shop with superior craftsmanship. Included are red custom dress, wig, pearl necklace, patent leather shoes, and arm movers. It is custom built. Original purchase price was $4,000 but was never used. This is a rare one of a kind item at a true bargain price.

We all can see it's not the real deal. Did anyone bother to read the rest of the description? Anyone buying a puppet for $1200 based on a title alone deserves what they get....read the entire auction

I'll still give him/her the benefit of the doubt, is he trying to make a sale (yes), is it worth $1200.00 (to someone, maybe), but I still think this is getting way more attention than it deserves...

charlie bird

Reaction score
Oh well I just thought it was something you all would enjoy seeing. It is definitely a good looking puppet though. Sorry for the miss understanding I might have caused.