Facial Expressions

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
What are your favourite Muppet facial expressions? One that makes me smile every time I see it is Kermit's scrunchy face whenever he gets angry or frustrated. I also love it when Miss Piggy makes that face where her snout almost ends up in her mouth.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wembley Fraggle has some distinctive facial expressions, some of which are so odd I can't even read them. Seriously, what is this supposed to be?

That said, I still love his rubber face, and how much expression Whitmire got out of it. He could smile, frown, whistle, swallow, enunciate, and do all sorts of other stuff. I suspect that his work with Wembley may have influenced them to give him Kermit, as he demonstrated how much expression he could get out of a flexible face.

cjd874

Reaction score
How could we forget Statler and Waldorf's annoyed faces? You know, after one gets insulted or smacked in the face. Those are HILARIOUS! But my all time favorite from S&W is the "evil eye" bit, when Waldorf makes his left eye protrude and Statler's face contorts in shock. Jim & Richard really knew how to work those puppets! :smile:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I think Wembley's the most expressive Fraggle. His face cracks me up!
He could smile, frown, whistle, swallow, enunciate, and do all sorts of other stuff.
Don't forget his movable eyes!
How could we forget Statler and Waldorf's annoyed faces? You know, after one gets insulted or smacked in the face. Those are HILARIOUS! But my all time favorite from S&W is the "evil eye" bit, when Waldorf makes his left eye protrude and Statler's face contorts in shock. Jim & Richard really knew how to work those puppets! :smile:
I know what you mean. Actually, those guys' faces are always funny. As you said, they look hilarious after being smacked in the face, all squished like that!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I love when Rowlf puts his hand up to his face in a bit of shock or embarrassment. I can't think of a specific example right now, but he does it after making a mistake in a couple of his piano bits in some TMS episodes.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I love when Rowlf puts his hand up to his face in a bit of shock or embarrassment. I can't think of a specific example right now, but he does it after making a mistake in a couple of his piano bits in some TMS episodes.
Do you mean when he puts his fingers in his mouth?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yes, like when he hits his hand on the piano or something.