Eye Mechanism How to Video

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Puppeteers Unite has posted a video on making a puppet blinking eye mechanism- very basic, and informative. This is not my design- it was taken from various sources on the net. I just wanted to show it visually to those who have difficulty envisioning the steps, or how things are built. Enjoy!

http://puppeteersunite.com/

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Cool! I had seen diagrams and things but I misunderstood how they actually worked. Seeing someone make one and attach it to the puppet really helps!

Teenager's

Reaction score
hmmmm......The main link works for me, but when I go to the directory & click on "Blinking eye mech 1 & 2" it comes up with broken pictures & says it's being posted or is under construction.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
wrong page

You were on the wrong page- Here is the direct link to my "Puppet Building Tutorial" page:
http://puppeteersunite.com/?page_id=588

The other pages were the diagrams on Michelle's Puppet Planet Page- I used for reference- hmmmm, her page must be down. I think I have the diagrams on my harddrive perhaps I'll post those too- I'll get her permission first though. :smile:

Teenager's

Reaction score
That Was helpful!....Thanks a lot. From those previous Terry Angus drawings/pics I thought the trigger had to wrap around your middle finger. But yours is a lot more useful.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Trigger

His did have your finger go inside, I believe. I found all the forums here about blinking eyes follow the same sort of therory, ppl just change them some to suit their hands and manipulation "style". :big_grin:

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Nice Helpful Video

I just got the blog update on this one from Project puppet! Very good tutorial I think. :smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
really good tutorial on the mech. I've managed to follow it. But when it comes to doing a piece of eyebrows with furr i'm stuck. How do i pattern it? it doesn't look good with just a sqaure strip. Can anyone help please?

Edit:
Let me clarify. I want the brow/lid to follow the curvature of the eye really nice and snug.
Any idea?