Explosions in London...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh my god, that is terrible... I don't even know what to think about it. Everyone in that area, stay safe, okay?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Never been gladder that I check my LJ friends list first thing every morning than I am today. At least the first dozen or so posts mentioned what had happened; one of my UK 'Net friends placed the blame on the French (I don't know if he was joking or not), and someone at the Customers Suck community called the person(s) responsible the "ultimate sucky customer".

-Kim

zootlove

Reaction score
I heard about the bombing this afternoon at Lunch. My grandmother told me about it and is wanting to look on CNN if anyone has come forward. I will definatly pray for the city. :concern: :cool:

KCJ506

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this?
September 11, 2001: Four planes highjacked (Northern United States)
March 11, 2003: Four trains blown up (Madrid, Spain)
Today: Four explosions (London, England)
All three took place during Rush Hour in their respective locations, occured within two years of each and all came in groups of four.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
2001, 2003, 2005...skipped 2002 and 2004, meaning the next problem should be 2007.

I hate terrorists and everything they stand for.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
Has anyone noticed this?
September 11, 2001: Four planes highjacked (Northern United States)
March 11, 2003: Four trains blown up (Madrid, Spain)
Today: Four explosions (London, England)
All three took place during Rush Hour in their respective locations, occured within two years of each and all came in groups of four.
I don't want to add to the rife speculation but they were talking about this on the news and said that the "rush-hour" timing made this typical of another al-Qaeda attack.

The other link is that none of these attacks have hit the world leaders, presidents or prime ministers but just the ordinary people. These aren't even attacks against a way of life, but are against life itself: designed to kill as many people from all races, classes and beliefs as possible.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I just got back from a Church Youth Prayer meeting called because of the tragity, Its soo sad :cry:

Ziffel

Reaction score
My prayers are with you also, people of the UK. I found these words today of Tony Blair quite inspiring and right on:

"We condemn utterly these barbaric attacks. We send our profound condolences to the victims and their families. All of our countries have suffered from the impact of terrorism. Those responsible have no respect for human life. We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this terrorism that is not an attack on one nation, but on all nations and on civilized people everywhere. We will not allow violence to change our societies or our values, nor will we allow it to stop the work of this summit. We will continue our deliberations in the interests of a better world.
Here at this summit, the world's leaders are striving to combat world poverty and save and improve human life. The perpetrators of today's attacks are intent on destroying human life. The terrorists will not succeed. Today's bombings will not weaken, in any way, our resolve to uphold the most deeply held principles of our societies -- and to defeat those who would impose their fanaticism and extremism on all of us."

As sick and demented and nonsensical as these terrorist attacks are, thank God for the resolve and courage and coming together spirit of millions of Americans, Brits, and peoples all over the world. Praise Him that He is in control and evil will never ultimately win. To quote a line from the wonderful hymn, "This is my Father's world" : "Though the wrong seem oft so strong, God is the ruler yet."

Thank you to all of you here at MC for all of your caring comments expressed today.

Xerus

Reaction score
I just heard about this tragedy the minute I came onto this board. :cry: I can't believe more terrorism is going on after what happened with Sept. 11th. All I can do is pray for the people of England and for the other people of the world, hoping one day that The Lord will return and make everything right again. :cry: