Everybody's Song

ssetta

Reaction score
I just got a copy of the album "Every Body's Record", and it has a copy of this song. The record was produced in 1979. I never thought this song was that old! I didn't even know the Oinker Sisters were around in the 70s! And also, it doesn't list the characters as the Oinker Sisters. Maybe that was before they were given a name. Anyway, the characters were listed as Bip Bippadotta and the Ambrooze Sisters. Does anyone know anything about this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
First of all Bip Boppadotta is in actuality Manah Manah, only with Sunglasses and a different name. As for the Oinker Sisters, I didn't think they started calling them that until "I've got a new way to walk."

But I LOOOOOVE this song! I get an itchy ear everytime I hear everybody's song..... except once.

Last season they remade the sketch with Vonda Shephard and Elmo! Elmo, I can stand, but VONDA?!?!?!? She's only famous for singing the theme song to Ally McBeal!!!! Bring back the original and stop remaking classic skits to be less fun!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
A little addendum to that last response

I heard it in Spanish. It was really catchy, even with new lyrics and different performer voices. The difference is when Manah Manah (I refuse to call him Bip because it sounds like it has a double meaning) scats, it's different. Like when he says Feet! (doo doo doo doo doo dah doo doo) Seat! (doo doo doo doo doo dah doo doo)... it's more like he says "Mep" (?)

Cool song though!

ssetta

Reaction score
But is this clip actually from the 70s?

ssetta

Reaction score
But it's on the album Every Body's Record, which is from 1979.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Aaargh,I have been proven wrong! Medic! Touche,my friend.